Small Article About Wolf Howls

Andy

http://io9.com/a-wolf-howl-is-the-ultimate-sign-of-respect-if-youre-1198779680

When either of my two howl at me it's usually. . . . 

"Dad, I would like a walk"

or

"Dad, where's me dinner" :P

that's interesting! do you think this applies for husky's howls as well?  :o

Perhaps in the wild with the Chukchi tribes when they are let free to roam in the summer as a large (ish) pack they may do this. :erm:

some also says that there is actually a bit of wolf in the husky's genes :shrug: so that article may apply to huskies as well (?)

There's a bit of Wolf in ALL dogs, They are descended from the same root stock a couple of hundred thousand years ago.

Huskies simply RESEMBLE wolves more than any other dog. 

Interesting article.  Andy is right, all dogs share DNA with wolves.  There are breeds of dogs that are closer relatives to wolves than Huskies, that don't share much in the way of appearances with wolves.

Interesting article.  Andy is right, all dogs share DNA with wolves.  There are breeds of dogs that are closer relatives to wolves than Huskies, that don't share much in the way of appearances with wolves.

Actually, a DNA research in 2004 showed that there may only be two other breeds that are more 'closer' to the wolves than the Siberian Husky: The Shar-pei and Basenji.

lxdwh88.png