Bummer, Bummer, And Bummer!

Mazz

My home computer was getting slower, and slower, and slower.  Took for ever and a day to boot.  Fans ran almost all the time, and the CPU was constantly pegging.  So bit the bullet and ordered a new case, motherboard, CPU, memory, CPU fan, hard drive, and OS.  Hope to have everything in-hand this coming weekend to start the build.  Current computer's power supply is a good one, and only a couple years old, so I'm going to swap it over.  Same with the DVD/CD burner, and the 1TB hard drive.  All are compatible with the new case and motherboard.  Hope there are not hidden surprises in the build.  I'm sure my son will help as well.  He's built quite a few.  This will be my third.

Saturday, my Ford F150 pickup, began spewing forth fuel from atop the fuel tank.  So it's in the dealer's shop right now.  Lost about 8 gallons of gas during the process.  Thankfully it's under warranty.

Hotter than Hades here in Iowa today.  Humidity is high as well.  Furbabies don't like it when it's this hot.  I don't like it when it's this hot either.

Work is still running me ragged.  We've been harmonizing the technical documents between our two locations.  Don't want to bore with details, but suffice to say, this is a major undertaking.  We are making great progress and are ahead of schedule, but still a long ways to go.

Good friend and fellow employee passed away in his sleep a few nights ago.  He was about my age, but had two boys, still in school.

So sorry to hear about your friend passing away. :(

You were lucky with the fuel spill that could have been. . .well. . .explosive !!!!

and the PC well. . . . you can't stand still with them, they are being superceded by the time you get them out of the box :P

If the old adage that bad things come in threes, you've had your fill for a while!

In the past two months, I've lost my mother, a friend and the mother of another friend ... this can stop now!

You have my sympathy with the computer, mine's trying to die a slow (and slower and slower) death.  I've got a faster processor to put in, but have to wait till the eagle shits before I can get the cooler to try to keep the temp down - which is the reason it keeps going slower and slower.

Our British friends don't seem to have all the problems we do here, maybe we should just hop the pond, what say???

If the old adage that bad things come in threes, you've had your fill for a while!

In the past two months, I've lost my mother, a friend and the mother of another friend ... this can stop now!

You have my sympathy with the computer, mine's trying to die a slow (and slower and slower) death.  I've got a faster processor to put in, but have to wait till the eagle shits before I can get the cooler to try to keep the temp down - which is the reason it keeps going slower and slower.

Our British friends don't seem to have all the problems we do here, maybe we should just hop the pond, what say???

Al' So sorry to hear you lost your Mum :grouphug:

and yeah, you know you're welcome back in Blighty. :)

You have my sympathy with the computer, mine's trying to die a slow (and slower and slower) death. I've got a faster processor to put in, but have to wait till the eagle shits before I can get the cooler to try to keep the temp down - which is the reason it keeps going slower and slower.

Give a quick vacuum, that might help get the dust out of all the nooks and crannie?

Ps sorry for your loss.x