Dog Kennel To Put In Run Query

Dinverro

In preparing for the arrival of a Husky puppy, I have got a secure metal dog run built in my garden and am looking for a kennel to put in as well now. The dog run is covered with roofing to provide shade, protection from the weather and prevent escape. I have noticed some people using large barrels as kennels. The run is to be used during daytime hours when we are sometimes out at work. I have seen this on ebay and was wondering if it was large enough?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Large-Solid-French-Oak-Wine-Barrel-300L-Wooden-Cider-Whiskey-Beer-Keg-Pub-Table-/221213142392

Height - 97cm Width - 77.5cm Depth - 77.5cm

If not what sort of dimensions will I need and what would I need to do to the barrel so it is ok for the dog to use throughout the year (albeit for a few hours and not to be kept). Does anyone have any other kennels which are decent at all compared to a barrel?

Cheers,

Dave

That looks awesome.

It will certainly be big enough (Unless you are getting a giant Malamute !!)

For a Husky it will be fine.

I would suggest putting an old blanket or something inside

post-1354-0-13454500-1377592467.jpg

As I will be crate training as well, the puppy will be kept inside a lot of the time so I think the size will be ok and for the first few weeks, I will only be introducing to the run whilst I am there. It is quite expensive and I can find some cheaper though some look quite dodgy and I did not realize how heavy the barrels are (105 kilos for the one in my link!)