Dogs Dinner!

thehairdresser

I'm just wondering what food you guys would recommend I put Khaleesi on, she's on science plan at the mo cos it was on offer at the vets (i know I know) andi knew it was better than iams that she was on from the breeder. I've been looking at taste of the wild and I think that's what most people on here seem to be on. Basically I eat clean, natural, unprocessed food so I want my baby to be on the same sort of thing. Is she too young to go onto raw? Thanks guys x

Ps.I live in England

Yes she's old enough for chicken wings.

She'll probably only need one or two per meal though until she gets older.

also see this thread too.   

Yeah I'd seen that mentioned before but didn't realise it was best to leave 12 hours as a gap. Should I feed her red meat too? I think I need to do some research into the raw diet. I think I still want her to eat kibble part of the time for convenience, like when we go away or if someone else has to feed her etc. Thanks x

Yeah I'd seen that mentioned before but didn't realise it was best to leave 12 hours as a gap. Should I feed her red meat too? I think I need to do some research into the raw diet. I think I still want her to eat kibble part of the time for convenience, like when we go away or if someone else has to feed her etc. Thanks x

Have a look in the Food and Diet section.

There are a ton of fantastic articles by our own Sid_Wolf on RAW feeding

what types and how much. :)

Chicken is good to start, however majority of their proteins should be red meat if you are going on a full raw diet. Where i live there are people that do pre -grounded meals or customized meals. I usually use those for convenience. If i am lazy or if someone else is going to feed them.

All you do is scoop and weigh it.

ToTW is a good food, you can also look at Acana. Panda did really well on that when he was on kibble. Most important thing is to find what works for your dog.

Thanks guys, you talked me into it! spent most of the afternoon reading up on it and Khaleesi has got raw chicken for tea...although as soon as we gave it to her she buggered off up the garden so we couldn't take it back off her! Lol. Think we are going to slowly bring her onto a full raw diet, depending on how she gets on with it. X