Dexter Is My Protector

Christine0925

I always knew if something happened when walking Meeka she would be a big baby and expect me to protect her. I was never sure about Dexter until yesterday.

I took them both on a trailhead walk for a nice long 5 mile walk. While coming back a really strange man came out of his house and started walking towards me. Dexter immediately picked up on it and was staring at him, but i said c'mon lets go keep moving, so we did. The man fell in line behind me and I started to get creeped out. I slowed down my pace- he slowed his pace. I stopped to " Tie my shoe" and he stopped to "Take a call" It was really creepy and I was freaked out. Meeka could have cared less what was going on- Dexter didn't like it at all.

Then the man taps me on the shoulder and said excuse me and before I could even turn around, as soon as his hand touched me Dexter went lunging at his legs barking and snapping and showing his teeth. He completely puffed his body out and stood in between me and this man.. He was so scared he yelled NEVERMIND as he ran ahead.

And yes, Meeka was cowering behind me with her tail in between her legs. Mom save me, haha.

Dexter, who my husband always calls a little mamas boy, is my protector :)

And then about 5 minutes after that happened we came across a family who had 2 kids that the dogs both got belly rubs and kisses from.

Oh yes for sure. They didn't seem too concerned though :(

Lets hope their optimism is well founded.

The next person he approaches may not have a 'Dexter' to deter him.

awww that's so sweet good boy Dexter! :D Too bad the police doesn't show too many interest =\ "stalkers" like that are definitely creepy but you can't do anything because apparently they're nothing to worry about  :angry: I had a man following me once.. He walked a little far though so at first I didn't see him, but Dime stared dead to his direction all the time and that's when I noticed. The road was so empty and it's getting dark too :S I ended up taking a long turn to get to my house because I don't want him to follow me home...