Hair......literally Everywhere

jessiezara90

So meeko had his first shed before the summer which was horrible but for past few weeks he seems to have gone into one again. And I'm now starting to worry that this isn't even a shed and its just normal moulting!!! But it's coming out in clumps? How often do urs shed?? I'm not the the most house proud person ever but at the moment I have to Hoover at least twice a day. Even my other dog is always covered in his hair, it's in the dishwasher, it's even all over our bed even though they don't go upstairs!?

I only have one husky but people who have 2 or more do you just attach a Hoover to yourself?

I was fully aware of the huskys being hairy, but I can't help thinking meeko is an exception, lol:D

There is a groomers that opened down the road, does anyone take theirs to the groomers to help a little!

Sounds like everything you've had before was JUST normal Husky shedding.

However seems like he's into his first proper BLOW.

What you described "it coming out in Clumps" is exactly what happens.

tufty bits sticking up, you can grab handfuls of undercoat, and

when you brush him it just never stops..

You have this now for at least a month :)

Start making pillows, 

and. . . . 

Oh, yeah it happens every SIX months. :up:

When one's done the next one starts. That's generally the rule here in our house :(

However, not every husky seem to shed equal amount of fur. When Dana blows, it's barely noticeable, for Glala it's okay and Wodak started his nearly 2 months ago and hasn't yet decided when to stop  :o

Yup sounds like he's blowing his coat. Panda has been blowing his undercoat for 2 months now and it seems to be in sections. (Hind legs -> Scruff -> back etc) lol.

There is no end to the hair, even when he isn't blowing. I do take him to the groomers once or twice a year to get a proper bath and groom. He's only clean for maybe 2 days at the most though haha

I did not know it happens only every six months. We have just learned to live with hair, everywhere, all the time.

A defurburator helps a little, it is excessive after every bath but it is there all the time.

What's a defurberator.???

Even a google search leads to a you tube video of a husky howling ???

Fur everywhere...ha ha ha! :rofl:  I should have a sign made for my front door. That reads.... "excuse the fur..my husky's have not learned how to clean up after themselves yet...." 

Brushing...vacuuming...and pulling out clumps of fur are standard practices around here. Luckily Ace doesn't leave much fur around..but Cj more than makes up for it! We do have them groomed occassionally and do have the groomers use a deshedding shampoo that really seems to help with Cj.:D

I have 3 huskies, and at my house it's fur, fur, fur everywhere!  Kodiak blew his coat first, then Yukon.  Nikko started to but didn't really shed that much.  Now they aren't blowing anymore but they still shed like crazy!  I have to vacuum every day and dust.  I want to trade in my all black furniture :(

Ahhhh, Furminator. . . 

Not a big fan of those.

They tend to damage the Guard hairs (the coloured top coat) whilst

getting to the undercoat.

I prefer a good old fashioned Undercoat rake.

It gets the undercoat leaving the topcoat guard hairs untouched :)

I have the yellow Furminator, and haven't had any issues with their coats using it.  Although I don't use it very often and I don't press hard on it. But I have heard a lot of people say that it damaged their dog's coats

Ahhhh, Furminator. . . 

Not a big fan of those.

They tend to damage the Guard hairs (the coloured top coat) whilst

getting to the undercoat.

I prefer a good old fashioned Undercoat rake.

It gets the undercoat leaving the topcoat guard hairs untouched :)

Thx. Do you have a pic of the Undercoat rake, will give it a shot.

I'm sure meeko is proud of himself for creating so much hair and weirdly he tries to eat it after I have pulled out. Was browsing YouTube and huskies and every clip there houses seem to be immaculate. I don't know how u guys with multiple huskies and carpets cope lol!! I'm getting a leather sofa soon so the hair don't stick!

I have had lots of dogs in my life but he is sure special in every way. I went to work away for a few weeks and is hairs managed to make it to Madrid with me :):)

LOL welcome to the world of husky ownership :D I like to say you're not officially a husky owner before the first coat blow ;)

I do take Dime to the groomer's monthly/bimonthly. Depends on how much my dad wants him to be groomed. Sometimes he says Dime smells "terrible" and needs to be bathed right away but some other times he forgets about Dime's supposed-to-be-monthly bath and skips a month or two. And yes, Dime does shed little to none after a visit to the groomer's but that only lasts for 3-4 days :P after that, back to vacuuming white tumbleweeds :rofl: