Not Really Proud Of This, But Some Advice, Consultation?

Jbrown1028

HAHA Thanks Amanda,

Honestly, I am not 100% sure he got fined, I did find out his house is exactly 250 feet outside of the city limits, so he does not have to have the muzzle regulations... Although since he was walking the dog within city limits, I believe he is bound by it. I haven't talked to Julie since she stopped by his house. I do know it has been a few days now and I haven't seen him, his son, or the dog out walking, and his house is just in a area where I don't drive by it. So I haven't kept up with it. Thanks for the compliment on the car... That is my 6th Camaro since 1990. I love the Camaros, in fact I traded a 73 Corvette in near mint condition for a 89 Camaro.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first comment that I would make Jeff is, how would you have felt if the situation had gone the other way and you had done nothing. Not easy to explain to a distraught female that her dog is dead and you did nothing to prevent it. Well done on your restraint though I don't think I would have been as calm. I was out walking one of mine a little while ago and he was attacked by a Staff. The owner just stood in his garden grinning till I booted his dog. Only because it went for Keikos throat. I got some choice language from the guy over it so I took Keiko home and went back to the guys house and asked if he still had a problem. He decided that he hadn't. My dogs always come first. If there had been a better way of dealing with the situation I would have, but, you judge each situation at the time and act according to the way you read it. Yours seems to have had a great outcome in the end. Let's just hope it ends there.

Gary.

Well done on protecting Ralph and being collected about it, I would've been raising all hell at that f***ing idiot!

Nika got attacked by a Staff when she was about 3 months old, and Danny had to take a running kick at the thing to get it off her!

The owner was very apologetic and offered to pay for any vet bills, but come on! Offering to pay for vet bills doesn't make up for the fact your dog nearly ate our puppy!

I love all 'dangerous' dog breeds, I have a lot of respect for them when they're handled right, but they need special training because of the temperament they've been bred to have!

Glad to hear everyone's okay, and the Darwin award winner got what was coming to him :P

- Caity

wow thats a scary situation. dont let your therapy dog group know your sibe attacked another dog lol (even in self defense), I know our therapy dog group kicks all dogs for any aggressive behaviour regardless who provoked the attack and why. (Im not saying what your dog did was wrong, it is trying to save your other dogs life). I just know our therapy dog group doesnt allow really any exceptions for aggression regardless of situation, even self defense. 

but something I read a while ago on how to stop any aggressive dog who has latched onto you or your dog is by grabbing their collar (assuming they are wearing one) and twisting it as hard as you can. Essentially what your doing is choking the dog out to release its grip on you or your dog. Often the dogs dont respond to being hit or kicked. They need to be physically stopped (Ie, cant breathe). 

Keep in mind Maya didn't attack in any way. She stood there beside me without leaving.

Growling at an aggressive dog that was attacking another is not attacking.

Maya has never attacked another person or dog... In fact my girlfriend has 3 cats. She doesn't even attack them. Lille can smack her several times and she just woooos at Lillie.

So please don't mistake Maya attacking. That is something that is completely unacceptable.

you put this in your first post:

Maya is now on top of the pit grabbing at anything she can grab.

I just know the therapy program here doesnt allow any biting/grabbing anything at all. even if its in self defense. They have strict rules for those things, even if its a case of someone else cant handle their dog. Which is sort of unfortunate because you cant control everything and at the end of the day your dog is still a dog regardless of how trained and well behaved. They wont sit there being attacked or while its pack is being attacked.