I Am Bookmarking This Post!

Jbrown1028

Everyday, I get stopped by many people asking me is your dog a service dog?

I can see why, she wears a service pack on her whenever we go outside... Actually it is a little more then that, every morning when I let Maya out of her cage, she walks over to the coffee table, grabs her pack and we go outside. She lays at my feet until I put the pack on her, once I do she will then go out to the yard and play with Ralph.

My answer to that question is "Yes, she is currently in training, although she is my personal pet. We like to go to the hospital and nursing homes. She carries in her pack, blood test kit, and I am soon going to purchase a portable defibulator".

I am posting this because I have a video that I had acquired a while ago... This video is so touching and I felt that if I ever get another dog I will continue their training for everything I can teach it. I hope you enjoy this video as much as I do, it tares me up to think people still have to live with this and my girlfriend is a type 2 diabetes victim.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NIyXKjdZTk

The reason I am book marking this is so whenever anyone asks me, I can just refer them to here :)

My step-dad passed away from diabetes connected complications.

I've never heard of Diabetes Alert dogs.

We have guide dogs for the Blind and Deaf help dogs

and I've heard of dogs that sense seizures of people who suffer from epilepsy.

A DHSS (Diabetes Heart Attack and Stroke Service Dog) -- Not sure if this is the offical acronym for it, but during my training days in the Army, that is what we called them, actually I just Googled it and it doesn't come up so it must be a local Acronym... But in my searches there are even more then I knew about:

http://www.dogs4diabetics.com/ is the place for training, we did it at Ft. Knox for military families and Hospitals... Kind of fun for a side job :)

So sorry to hear about your step dad

A DHSS (Diabetes Heart Attack and Stroke Service Dog) -- Not sure if this is the offical acronym for it, but during my training days in the Army, that is what we called them, actually I just Googled it and it doesn't come up so it must be a local Acronym... But in my searches there are even more then I knew about:

http://www.dogs4diabetics.com/ is the place for training, we did it at Ft. Knox for military families and Hospitals... Kind of fun for a side job :)

So sorry to hear about your step dad

Thanks, Albert was 86 . . . he had a good run.