Not Eating

Mark Marples

Ok i know im paranoid but......

Blaze isnt eating he has bot eaten for 2 days and this morning has eaten grass and been sick

his poo was a little runny but hes still happy to walk ect

my gut feeling its just a change in the water and that hes not hungry

any advice?

Ok i know im paranoid but......

Hi Mark now I'm a little paranoid. Our dog's are on the same food. I was at a friend's yesterday and Eskie awoke trying to vomit. Thankfully he didn't. I put it down to alll the excitement and playing. Eskie isn't off his food quite the opposite he wolf's it dow.

Please let me know how you get on and I hope it is nothing serious. X

hes full of energy and has been playing in the garden fine

hes only missed breakfast and dinner yesterday and brecky this morning (we havent started to change his food yet, as we are using up what we have left) , although he did have a couple of treats yesterday fine, hes drinking fine

if hes doesnt eat he tea ill take him into the vets

hes full of energy and has been playing in the garden fine

hes only missed breakfast and dinner yesterday and brecky this morning (we havent started to change his food yet, as we are using up what we have left) , although he did have a couple of treats yesterday fine, hes drinking fine

if hes doesnt eat he tea ill take him into the vets

Mark you do you know that you have to Introduce new food slowly with his old food. only saying in case you didnt

Ah, a couple of things stand out to me here.  He's a new rescue and, as you said, everything is new to him now.

Other than the occasional dog who grazes "just because" dogs will often eat grass because it will cause them to upchuck.  It's an indication that they have an upset tummy. A few things to look for here - as long as he continues to appear hale and heart - was he eating everything you were feeding him and were his stools acceptable.  He may have just been overeating and is now "taking a break from food" which is all too common to the breed.  The overeating would have caused above average stomach acid which he now needs to get rid of - no big deal.

I would watch and see if there's anything I was doing that might be causing him any stress - everything is new and different so the common stuff (to you) may not be all that common to him.  There might be a cause for nervousness there - you can see him, I can't.

A trip to the vet for a Husky who stops eating is usually an unnecessary expense ... it's all too normal and as long as he's otherwise generally in good health I'd not be too worried until it hits three to four days or more.

What food are you feeding him? It may be that he can't tolerate it very well. Also, it is very possible that he's just slightly stressed due to the new environment.  I've found that huskies are more of a sensitive breed (though stubborn so they don't act like they are), so they tend to be a little different before finally settling in to a new home. 
As long as he's drinking though, I wouldn't worry because boycotting food is pretty common with huskies. 
My female didn't eat for days after we had to return a previous husky she had made friends with, but she started eating once we got her another friend. 

I'm so glad he is ok. Let me know how you get on with the Eden. I have just started adding a bit of rice to it just go make him feel fuller like you suggested. It seems to be working. It's also making him eat slower as well. Although I would like his poo a little firmer just tk make it easier to pick up especial when out walking. Lol