Toys from our childhood

Val (Zebedee)

With all the adverts on TV for toys for kids for Christmas, it got me thinking to the toys that were around when I was little, Clackers (two plastic balls on strings that you "clacked" together!) space hoppers with tiger faces, metal roller skates, Girl's World.

What toys do you remember from your little years?

Gilbert Erector Set

Lincoln Logs

Slinky

Lionel Trains

Lindsey Die Cast Cars (From the UK!!!)

Buddy L Trucks

Tinker Toys

GI Joe

Duncan Yo-Yo

Of course, those were, for the most part, boys toys. I guess the Slinky and Duncan Yo-Yo were either.

Well I didnt play with many dolls... never really a baby person even as a kid but I had LOADS of cuddley toys (mainly cats and dogs) but also had quite a few building toys like lego, duplo and stickle bricks! Also had a lovely pink bike I loved with a bike basket and cute little stablisers and a go-kart that was great!

Oh littlest pet shop!!! Looooved those! I had loads of sets. biggrin.gif

Subuteo, My A-Team Scalextric, My Dukes of Hazard General lee what done stunts on 2 wheels, my Amstrad pc, my sega Mega Drive, proper Lego not this over sized rubbish.

But my best toy as a Kid was My Border Collie Sheba, i found nothing more fun and enjoyable than grabbing a football or my bike and taking her out.....god 17 years she has been gone and i still get tearful talking about her........sad.gif

Oh forgot about Slime. Used to have a carton of it that lasted me ages and now have found the recipe for it :rolleyes: ...

Slime

being a kid, this stuff was great, being a mum of 2 lads that loved it, I HATED the stuff! It was everywhere & was a bugger to get off!

Will keep the recipes hidden in case they get any wise ideas! :lol: