Do You Know What I Hate About Forums??

Removed #5

I hear you Al.  It's like watching a great movie on television, the end is just about to come into view, and then one of the dogs says, "Hey, couch potato!  I gotta go poopy.  Let me out will ya!"  Seriously though, it would be nice if they would repost back.  Some do, but so many don't.

Annoying it may be but the flip side of that coin is that you've helped and educated a lot of people and therefore made life better for lots of dogs around the world too. I agree that it would be at the very least courteous to inform the people who have helped of the outcome but that's the nature of forums, some do/some don't. As long as the outcome for the dog was a good one, then I guess that's the most important thing.

used and abused eh al

Naw, not really.  As Emma said, as long as it's been a help to the dogs then I'm happy.  This is a great forum with a great group of people and I've learned a lot.  I don't really want the "Thanks!" (though I'll admit those are nice when appropriate) I'd just like to know if things are working out right for the dog - if not then maybe someone else can chime in with a different tactic.

I agree - it is annoying at times.

I belong to many forums - some of which I spend a lot of time on (ahem...), and others not. But whenever I ask a question on forums, I make sure I go back to respond to people to let them know what's going on. Or, atleast say "thank you" if my question was answered. 

I will admit that I am one of those people!!! I try to fill people in when I can but with school, work, volunteering, being pregnant and getting things ready, and many other things piled on my plate it sometimes takes me a week or more just to read the responses if I can find the thread again (pregnancy brain does this awesome thing where I forget to even click follow topic and then I can't find it even when looking it up on here). I also look at the answers when I get a chance usually walking between classes or something like that but by the time I read them all and look at them it's time for me to start my classes and then go straight to work so I don't have time to answer back and then I completely forget to, or I think yeah I need to say something back about that later and then somehow it gets instilled in my head that I already did. I love all the answers that I get and I love to help people in their journey when they are stuck on something that not too long ago Balto and I were stuck on together. I am sorry if it annoys people and I will try to make it a point to make sure I answer back every time and try to remind myself to click the follow forum button every time.

I will admit that I am one of those people!!! I try to fill people in when I can but with school, work, volunteering, being pregnant and getting things ready, and many other things piled on my plate it sometimes takes me a week or more just to read the responses if I can find the thread again (pregnancy brain does this awesome thing where I forget to even click follow topic and then I can't find it even when looking it up on here). I also look at the answers when I get a chance usually walking between classes or something like that but by the time I read them all and look at them it's time for me to start my classes and then go straight to work so I don't have time to answer back and then I completely forget to, or I think yeah I need to say something back about that later and then somehow it gets instilled in my head that I already did. I love all the answers that I get and I love to help people in their journey when they are stuck on something that not too long ago Balto and I were stuck on together. I am sorry if it annoys people and I will try to make it a point to make sure I answer back every time and try to remind myself to click the follow forum button every time.

Haha - I don't think the thread was aimed at you! I'm referring to people who join the forums for the purpose of asking ONE question, they get their answers, and then they don't go back and say 'thank you' or update us on what's going on, if its gotten better or worse, etc. And they never show up on the forums ever again. 

Haha - I don't think the thread was aimed at you! I'm referring to people who join the forums for the purpose of asking ONE question, they get their answers, and then they don't go back and say 'thank you' or update us on what's going on, if its gotten better or worse, etc. And they never show up on the forums ever again. 

I wasn't saying it was aimed at me but I am one of those people who do sometimes post things and then forget to reply. I have barely been on that I haven't even noticed that some people only ask one question and then never come back. :shrug: I need to make a time slot to get on here at least once a day if nothing more then 5 minutes.

No, it wasn't really "aimed" at any one in particular observation.  As I said, it's just one of my pet peeves.

The other one that gets under my skin badly is when someone comes on here and is talking about two or more dogs and doesn't give us names to use as a handle.  A recent thread where the only "handle" was "the older" and "the younger" - you can't use pronouns because you don't know which dog the pronoun points back to ... argh!!

I'm sorry, just a couple of pet (pun intended) peeves!!

ok as a serial question asker, I'll make more of an effort. In summary, Khaleesi is now so well crate trained that she won't come to bed and insists on being crated :(, she has had sprats for tea and has legged it down the garden and is thoroughly enjoying going onto raw food. She's not as much of a pain at night anymore so gonna get her fully onto raw eventually, so far though no problems, no diarrhoea or anything. Think the worms have gone and she's been putting on weight nicely. Oh and I've decided to be strong and not listen to nasty old men, criticising my "decision" not to let Khaleesi off the lead. Can't remember what else I have asked.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me though, my boyfriend and I seriously appreciate all the advice etc, even if I haven't posted and have just read old threads. x

Lucy, I really wasn't trying to be a arse, ( I've been told I don't have to try ... :( )  It's good to hear that everything is going well with you and Khaleesi and No, don't listen to the old men who want you to let her off lead ... it's just not worth the one time event.

I've a habit of being a bit more direct and that puts some people off ... but that's just me.

Thanks for your follow up.

Oh no I didn't think you were being an arse!

I agree that it's annoying if you don't know how someone is getting on, in my job I tend to see people every 4 or 6 weeks so I have over a month of wondering how they're getting on with whatever problems they've been dealing with or how that party I did their hair for was! You lot have made me realise that I am a responsible pet owner and I need to stick to my guns it's a totally different breed to other dogs and I have to trust that I am the expert compared to Joe public. Xx

I wasn't saying it was aimed at me but I am one of those people who do sometimes post things and then forget to reply. I have barely been on that I haven't even noticed that some people only ask one question and then never come back. :shrug: I need to make a time slot to get on here at least once a day if nothing more then 5 minutes.

This is one of those times where I wish I could also easily quote the message you're responding to, Carrington. You're an active member, you reply to others and ask your own question - you're one of us. You talk enough that we know what's going on with you and your furkids - well, as much as you want to tell us. (( Notice, I said "you talk enough" - I didn't say or infer that you talk to much << laughing - teasing! >> ))

Your comment about people who ask one or more questions, get their answers and then disappear are the ones who get under my skin. I'm reasonably comfortable that I know dogs in general - but (for the one time questioner) I don't know your dog. What worked well for me may not work at all for you and it's really nice to know how things worked out (not to mention the politeness of a "Thank you" if it did.)