Furballs

Does anyone else's husky chase and eat their hair when you brush them? Zara loves chasing her hair balls (which I can understand, they float and look pretty fun if you're a dog I guess lol!). But then she eats them! Great big wads of fur that she chews and swallows!

Do you think this could be bad for her at all? We have a big property so I usually brush her in the driveway, thinking native birds will probably use the fur in their nests or something. I'm wondering if I need to start bagging it... Although that will just make a bigger and more attractive toy for her to seek and destroy haha!

I used to let Elka eat the fur from the brush. But she has had a problem with not being able to pass poo that's matted with the fur. From this i realised she is not digesting the fur so it is not nutritionally beneficial in any way. Not sure if there's any 'official' advise for this.

oops personally I won't let her eat her own fur. Won't it block her intestines?

I think there's a member here that actually spun their husky's hair and made it into a real thread  :lol: kinda look like a wool IMO  :P maybe you want to try that? or maybe use it as a pillow stuffing? :P

NO not my Huskies but I'm forever grabbing handfulls and mouthfuls of fur from my 10 month old Granddaughter Eden-Willow. :eek: