Day At The Park

Jay

Aw, where's Yukon!? He's my favorite. I always want to squish him.

Your dog park is so clean. The one we go to is muddy and smells like pee soaked mulch. I'd take her somewhere else, but this one is so close and she's starting to "know" the dogs there and is finally not scared to play with them.

Poor Yukon had to stay at home :(

I have a hard time handling all 3 dogs by myself, and also Yukon still gets car sick.  I have been working with him and have had some success, but he still gets sick sometimes. 

Yeah, this dog park is very clean, although I paid $85 for the year to be a member.  We have one free park that is about 20-30 minutes away but it is all dirt and very small.  We have tons of dog parks in the area, about 10 within a 30 minute drive, but they all charge a fee.

Aw, where's Yukon!? He's my favorite. I always want to squish him.

Your dog park is so clean. The one we go to is muddy and smells like pee soaked mulch. I'd take her somewhere else, but this one is so close and she's starting to "know" the dogs there and is finally not scared to play with them.

If I had a pay park closer I'd definitely join. It would also probably help weed out some of the people who obviously just go to the dog park to let their dogs run wild so they don't have to walk them. There's this woman at the park we go to that has two tiny teacup chihuahuas and she brings them into the big dog side and drops them there. They're obviously both terrified to be there. One of them went nuts and came up and attacked Chula and I told the lady that my dog was still young, and her dog was smaller than most of Chula's squeaky toys. ;)

Last time we were there she stayed in the small dog side until we left, then as soon as we headed for the gate she got up to bring her little brats over.

I hate it when people do that!  There is hardly ever anyone at this park when I go.  There are 2 sections for big dogs and 1 section for little dogs. 

Although after I took those pictures a lady came with her dog, it was a mixed breed that was mixed with husky.  Very cute dog, but she brought one of those Chuck-It toys with the ball.  Kodiak went for one of the balls and her dog didn't like that and they got into a fight.  It didn't last long and we were able to pull them off each other, but it was scary.  She went to the other section after that.

I wish people wouldn't bring toys if there are other dogs there.  That's the #1 reason for fights.  A couple months ago a guy brought a rope toy and was playing tug of war with Nikko :facepalm:

The park I go to has toys already in it - but they are disgusting. I won't let Chula play with them. The dogs mostly leave them alone in general though. The fights seem to happen when a big group of dogs congregate by the gate to "greet" the newbies as they come in. It's really overwhelming, I'm surprised more dogs don't flip out. 

I think he was LOL

Kodiak had his whole head and both front legs in the bucket!!  they took turns dunking their muzzles in the cool water :)

The last pic looks like Nikko is annoyed that Kodiak got to drink first :lol:

Great pics, I think some of us UK owners need to petition to get some good dog parks up and down the country, ours would go insane with that much space!

- Caity