Assessment Results

Stormy

Had my Deputy manager assessment today. The reason for the assessment was to get the feedback so i know what to work on etc. It wasn't about passing of failing as i have already been put onto the course by the area and HR manager either way.

So basically i would have narrowly failed if we want to look at it that way, I had to do a presentation and an interview, here is my feedback:

The presentation was very well planned and thought out and put in a very logical order.

I have a full understanding of the scorecard and procedures and processes.

They liked my style of presentation and if i had had the right equipment it would have been really great.

I spoke with confidence and i was very convincing.

Negative feedback which was the reason i failed was to do with "talkbacks" this is something in sainsburys that the store is scored on overall from customers and colleagues etc.... this has not yet come out since ive been a team leader so i do not know alot about them so i didn't fail because im rubbish its because i have not experienced that as of yet.

So yeah i narrowly failed but she said as a not even signed off team leader of only three months i did fantastically well and not alot of team leaders would do so well :)

So i know now that i need to review the talkbacks when they come out in october etc. The course itself will help me gain alot of knowlege i need etc...

So what happens now is i go on the deputy manager course anyway and when a job does come up with that role in the future i then do the assessment again before being put into that role which she said to me i bet know ive explained talkbacks you would pass it no problems anyway :)

No you didn't "Fail"

What happened is they scored you on something you were not aware of and could not have anticipated.

Therefore, you scored very highly against everything you prepared for.

You did AWESOME

Because realistically i wouldnt be going on this course yet but because they have seen the potential i am on it .... so its not their fault or mine its just the way it is. Like i said "normally" you wouldnt then be able to do the course if you have "failed" but i am mine is purely for the feedback