Introducing Puppy To 7 Month Husky

Blizzard

Blizzard is only 5 months atm and we have a female malamute coming to join us at the end of oct, I was wandering what the best way to introduce them would be? Obviously the pup will still be small, only 10 weeks and I'm just worried blizzard may want to play a bit too much :) he loves other dogs, don't get me wrong, but I just want to integrate them as smoothly as possible so I don't cause her too much stress x here's a picture of her atm, she was a week old yesterday :)post-10616-0-83762800-1378376751.jpg

I would expect him to act like a teenage ass hat. But I wouldn't worry about rough play, just keep an eye on them when they do. Make sure you take the puppy to a quiet place often for naps. overexerting herself trying to keep up with the older dog can affect their structure at such a young age. And just like human puppies, they will indeed try to stay awake with the big kids.

Nikko was pretty good with Yukon when I brought him home.  Yukon was only about 10lbs and Nikko was a hefty 50lbs at 9 mos old.  I was surprised on how well Yukon held his own, especially given how obnoxious Nikko can be.  I just watched their play and if it got too rough I would stop it.  At first Nikko wanted to play all the time, and Yukon would just want to be left alone and would snap back at him.  I though by the second week, Yukon would be the alpha, but the roles have reversed; although Yukon has no problem telling Nikko off if he has had enough!

Good luck :)

What an adorable pup that is about to join your home, congratulations in advance! Our George love to meet other dogs too, especially at the park and we noticed he would become so close with other dogs when they play together especially fetching. To start you may bring home something that belongs to your incoming pup for your current dog to sniff to get familiar with her scent, and vice versa. You may also let them meet on neutral and happy place like your yard for them to play with toys, just no competition in nature to avoid any tension towards aggression.