How Much Exercise?

Chula

How much total exercise do your dogs get every day? I'm trying to sort out what is normal and necessary. I've read that a young husky needs as much as 2 hours of brisk walking/jogging/biking a day. She's getting between 1 and 1&1/2 hours per day right now, plus running around time in the backyard. I don't really know how to give her more and still be a functional member of society and able to pay rent.

I think this is different for every dog though.. Mine is so damn lazy, he can sleep all day, and next day he won't stop playing you know? But on average, mondays and fridays he comes with me to work all day @ doggydaycare and the rest of the weekdays he'll get two hours of walking/running/playing and half an hour to an hour walk in the evening every day :)

Mine used to get 1 hour walks, 3 times a day and occasional longer walks. Nowadays they're getting older :( and especially in the this summer it's now more like 15 minutes per walk max. I'd like to do more but that's as far as they want. Wodak sometimes gets extra walks because he has much more energy to burn. They have access to the garden all day long.