Husky Wont Run??? Wha....

Eman

Hi guys,

Lately I've noticed that my 18month old husky pup doesn't seem to want to run anymore. She has always been my running partner and has loved it until lately. I could never keep up. But, lately she seems to not want to go, or is hesitant. We will get roughly 1-2km out and she will wnat to go home or just stop. We used to do 5-7km on a regular basis.

Or course I never push her, and even back then, we went at her pace. But lately she doesn't seem interested at all. I make sure she's eaten, not overly tired and not hot outside. We has some excellent conditons yesterday and she wasn't having it.

Funny part, is the house or the back yard she will run at full speed with no issues. It just seems during our jogs, she doesn't want to go.

I give her treats on our run's and make sure she has alot of lead as well..... i have no idea what it might be....

How hot is it exactly , u might not think it's too hot but for a husky with a thick double coat it might be , also what surface are u running on? It might hurt her feet/joints

Yesterday was bout 20c. We've run in warmer weather with no issues. I run on sidewalks lined with grass on either side. She tends to stay on the grass.

I'm going to give her some time off. I dont want her to start hating going out and if there is something bothering her, i dont want it to get worse.