New 8 Week Puppy

Chrissy6x

The howling is normal to the breed - you'd better get used to it!  If they want something, they'll talk at you; if they don't like something, they'll talk at you; if they're bored, they'll talk at you - it's just a part of the breed (that you'll come to love!)

The tail wag, if he's new to your place it may take him a couple of weeks to get comfortable and really get out of his shell - then look out!

Sounds like a normal 'new pup' to me.

Welcome to the forum and - well, I hate to say this, but you forgot to send the pictures along with the question .....

Oh to have a puppy. . . .  Interact with the pup as much as you can.  Be involved with little guy.  Set the ground rules and stick to them.  One thing that a Husky will do, is train you instead of you training them.  Don't ask me how they do it, but I've had three of them do it to me now.  They are fairly smart dogs, and some mistake their aloof attitude for being less than intelligent.  Nothing could be farther from the truth.  Huskies are very intelligent, they just don't act or respond if they don't see a benefit.

Welcome to the forum.  Your little guy will simply take some time to settle in.  The more involved you are with him, the sooner that will take place.  And Al was right, you forgot the pictures.

Aww absolutely gorgeous! My blizzard, who is now 5 months pined for the first few days, they just need time to settle in their new surroundings, believe me it will soon happen, then ull be wishing it hadn't! Haha :) good luck n hope to see more pictures soon :)

Lovely name! Your not supposed to bath them often so just if he's dirty or smelly really! I had no choice as blizzard had been out on a very long walk through muddy grass and fields and he went white and came home brown! :) I feed him wainwrights large breed puppy kibble atm along with raw food from butchers, like chicken carcasses etc, ur riddick is a bit young for them but you can start him on chicken pieces with his kibble, and move on to wings etc when he's bigger and able to eat bones etc x the kibble suits him just right and keeps him solid as they have such sensitive tummies! I can't even treat blizzard as it will give him the runs! So I treat with chicken pieces or wainwrights treats, expensive but worth it! Xx

Oh that's good too know :) yeah I have em on nuts/kibbles bits of chicken he mad about it!! :) so anything I need to look out for in huskies do they have any faults ha x

just be aware that they're prone to diarrhea :) make sure his food and treats are all grain-free and natural. Some are more hardy than others but generally huskies have a very sensitive digestive system. Oh and most importantly don't feed him too much :) regarding baths it depends on your temperature. In a country like Ireland I think one bath a year would do just fine. Good luck! xxx

I called him Riddick, he is soo cuddly :) when shud U give him his first bath!..wat do U feed ur dogs :)

we gave blaze a bath after about a week , skyla needed a bath a day or two after we got her (she was very grey) they only get bathed once a year now unless they get so filthy that it's impossible not to bath them ,, tho even if they get covered in mud if I leave them over night it usually falls off or I can brush it out so still don't need a bath

Mine are fed on meat and wainWright's dry food