Bruise Or Something Else?

Bambi92

Last week I notice Sasha had what looked like a purple bruise on her belly with a long scratch in the middle of it. She keeps licking it and if I go near her belly or her hips she bites me like she's in pain I took her to the vet he said she could of hurt herself playing with Dozer or she could have the start of Arthritis but he didnt say anything about her belly its not purple now but it looks like its spreading across her belly.

I have a photo but its not very good she would lift her leg long enough for me to get a proper photo you can sort of see the difference in colour.

Should I be worried about it?

post-9013-0-70517600-1378443093_thumb.jp

post-9013-0-97704000-1378443126_thumb.jp

Looks like loss of hair in the affected area. That would concern me. Could be a skin infection, just irritation from licking, allergy, possibly a fungal infection, hard to say. I would call the vet and discuss with him. Determining the cause is the only way to come up with proper treatment.

I had a proper look last night and she has licked the part where she had the scratch till its almost bleeding. The only problem is she won't let the vet anywhere near her unless my partner holds her head so she can't bite the vet even then there's only two out of 5 vets that will touch her and neither of them are on this weekend ill be taking her back during the week anyway for her leg I have to check it again soon her chin has started to go red again she's not scratching it much yet that's an allergy to something.

I can't work put where she got the scratch from it doesn't look like dozers claw the only thing I can think of is she's been near the bush in the corner with big thorns on it if that had something on it that could have done it couldn't it?

Ill take her when her vet is on saves the trouble of seeing a vet that's scared of her or won't touch her she must be pretty bad for that lol