Common Questions Asked?

Juno

So I hear this probably every day when I'm out with the dogs in public. The same questions, over and over. 

• "So how bad is the shedding?"
  • "How do they do in this weather?"
  • "Do they dig a lot?"
  • "I heard they are escape artists, do yours try to run a lot?"
  • "Are they super destructive?"
  • "I had a neighbor/boyfriend/husband/friend with a husky that (insert 30 minute long story)"

Anyone else ever have people approach you and ask tons of questions? any weird questions?

Just answer. . . . yes. . . . 

They are devil beasts and especially YOU should not get one.

"How much is he?"

"Where did you get him from?"

"Oh Wow! Is he a wolf?"

"Is he a wolf hybrid?"

"Hey Mom! Look! It's a coyote?!"

"He must eat a lot?"

"What!? How can you say he ISN'T a wolf!? Just look at that coat and those eyes...!"

Hidden

I had a brat act terrified of Nana (on first sight) and spend the entire time at the dog park yelling about her being a bad or mean dog. The mother did nothing and I was ready to rip her a new one by the time they left. I din't go running around the park calling her kid the ugliest thing I'd ever seen.

I think because of the influx of spitz breed dogs, if we don't get the "what breed are they?" question, we get asked:

Is that an Akita?

A Malamute (sometimes pronounced MalaMUTT!)?

An Alaskan something?

Many of you know my Diesel, 47Kg of orange & white furred Siberian Husky. We have overheard "It's a bear", "It's a lion", even "It's a fox"!! Now if I saw a 47Kg fox, I would be seriously worried!

"who's taking who for a walk?". Lol, says more about me than the dog though!

"wow, what a big dog". Really? I hadn't noticed the size of my own dog before, rolls eyes.

"they're quite wild, related to the wolf you know". Yep, so are all dogs!

"you need a sled", usually said in the winter time.

"How much is he?"

"Where did you get him from?"

"Oh Wow! Is he a wolf?"

"Is he a wolf hybrid?"

"Hey Mom! Look! It's a coyote?!"

"He must eat a lot?"

"What!? How can you say he ISN'T a wolf!? Just look at that coat and those eyes...!"

I have people who swear they are mixed with wolf too! Juno looks more like a wolf than Cato, but they're just so calm and creepy in public that I guess many people think they are mixed with wolf haha

first-ranking most popular question is definitely "is that a wolf?"  :rolleyes: some random guy even try to remind me that wolves are illegal to own! Come on... Have you ever seen a black-and-white wolf? I used to think I'd be spared from the "is that a wolf" question because Dime is not gray, but apparently coat color doesn't matter. I wonder how will I be able to cope with a wolf gray brown-eyed husky... sure is nice to communicate with the neighborhood's folks but sometimes it gets annoying.

Second-ranking question: Is that a female?

No no no no no NO! Why is it that people always think Dime's a girl? Poor boy... 

Third-ranking question: Does he bite?

To which I always answer: "every dog bites. If you're asking whether he's aggressive, then as you can see he's not."

Fourth-ranking question: What breed is that?

I find it rather amusing when some non-English speaking folks try to pronounce "Husky". I always thought it's not a difficult word to say but I rarely meet people who can pronounce it right first try. Wasp-kee? Huzz-kee? No, it's hus-ky!  :lol:

Hidden

I find it rather amusing when some non-English speaking folks try to pronounce "Husky". I always thought it's not a difficult word to say but I rarely meet people who can pronounce it right first try. Wasp-kee? Huzz-kee? No, it's hus-ky!   :lol:

When you get really tired of people asking you can always start calling them a Chukchi sled dog from the Chukotka region of Siberia.

When you get really tired of people asking you can always start calling them a Chukchi sled dog from the Chukotka region of Siberia.

LOL I guess I'd need to carry sunglasses on walks then  :P

What breed is that??

Oh, this is just my...  :cool: Chukchi sled dog from Siberian Chukotka 

oh and guess Dime would need a pair too  :wolf: