New Tardis, I Mean Tent

Val (Zebedee)

After going to the bike rally in Holland, we realised we actually enjoyed going "tenting" after caravanning for the last few years, so we have been looking for a decent, fairly priced tent that would do the job for us & the huskies plus any foster we may have at the time, and we have found one.

I think it's very similar to one Sarah & Marc had a while back. We only picked it up last week & we were going to go away this weekend to try it out but the weather is pants, so it will have to wait till another time, but this is what we have got

post-143-0-22501100-1378505063.jpg

post-143-0-65790400-1378505062.jpg

Yeah, it does look like the "Hilton" that Marc and Saz had

Plenty of room for you and the Dawgs :)

• 11 months later...

we've just been to Cornwall for a few nights break & put this tent up for the first time! We didn't have room for the sun canopy (the long tube bit before the entrance, so we "just" had the normal tent - it's MAHOOSIVE!! Loads of room.

As we had totally forgotten what the seller had said about putting it up  :redface1:  I downloaded instructions off the internet (and laminated it, in case it rained  ;)  (no flies on me!)) and followed them to the best of our ability. After putting the footprint down & deciding what bit was what, the rest was quite easy for 2 people putting it up. It took over an hour and a half of us "umming" and "arrgghhing" but we did it. I'll post a new topic of our break away with the tent up for proof! lol

An hour and a half's good! We took three to get ours up - the equivalent of the central tube on yours but with a porch similar to your sun canopy (I think the instructions say 40 minutes!). Hey, but it survived Hurricane Bertha (OK, only a storm by the time it got to us) and we were camped with a lovely view of the sea and nothing to protect us from the wind - we were concerned that the tent was going to blow away (a few on the campsite did) but the dogs were totally unconcerned (we did do a fair bit of double pegging and then parked the car in front to provide some protection)

_MG_2300FB.jpg

that looks like a big enough tent for eveybody...and their dogs... (typing while rain is coming down on the awing, and the sun is out at the same time)...but I do prefer the caravan :D ...

• 3 weeks later...

well guys - you know our wonderful Tardis that I have raved about above & love?? Grumpy's gone and sold it from under us! Literally  :lol:   We were camping in Stoke last weekend & he decided on a whim to sell it to another husky owning camper and when we took it down, they took it home! So ......................... anyone know of any good caravans being sold??  :rofl:  :rofl: