What Do You Want????

Removed #5

Avalanche is pretty easy to read.  If he wants out, he goes and sets by the door; if the water bowl is empty, he'll "nose" it a bit.

Sasha is driving me up a wall!!  When she wants anything she comes to me, sets down and barks - I put the leash on and head to the door and she lays down, okay we don't want out; the water bowl is full and food isn't for another hour or so ... and since this is a family site "Love, would you please tell me what (( censored )) it is that you want!!!!!!"

Anyone else have this problem - how do you get a dog to tell you what her problem is????

I never had this problem with Suka - he would go up to what he would want. Until he started being lazy - now he just stares and me and woos, as if I'm supposed to understand Huskyish! 

Usually I find he just wants attention (a belly rub or something). Unless it is during certain times of the day, that is (supper, walk, when he usually goes out to do his business, etc)

I've had to learn to read Jake since he's not so straightforward with some things. It became really easy to tell when he was hungry after training him to sit/stay in a certain spot before I tell him he's ok to eat- he just finds that area and sits, staring at me and jumping at my every move lol. This behavior can start 2 hours before it's actually time to eat..

Potty times, specifically #2, was harder to figure out... he'd just pace restlessly inside the house, but when I put him out he'd get distracted and forget about actually going.. Used to take 4-5 times of in and out before he'd get worked up enough to remember to poop  :facepalm:  Now he knows the "go potty" command, so at least he has a reminder of what he's supposed to be doing out there lol.

yep, another person here not fluent in husky language.  I get the I'm hungry, It's walkies time thing.  But the sit and stare meaningfully, could mean any number of things, I want attention, I want the toilet, etc......    

Echo is simple she just wants another ball throw. . :eek:

Daughtry will sit and "Blah, Blah, I want one. . . or maybe it's I'm Batman" No idea what she wants though. . . :(

Darwin makes "herm" noises then woooooooooooos at me, he usually wants walkies.

Chula will usually paw at what she wants, but I can't figure out her pee signals since we moved. In our old house she would sit by the door, since we could see her from the living room. But her new potty area is at the back door so it's hard to see her there and she knows it, so she won't go wait there.

Usually when she has to poo she will start doing laps around the house and fart a lot, so that's pretty clear, but we can't figure out a pee signal. She's waiting until she's out to pee but sometimes you can tell she really really needed to go and was holding it.