Chula's Best Pal Has Cancer

Chula

My best friend got devastating news today that her lab has heart cancer. The give him 2-6 weeks. Buddy is Chula's best doggy playmate. I'm so sad for my friend who is losing her best friend of 12 years and also sad for my Chula who has grown to love him. :(

I'm worried about bringing her over to see him because she's so crazy and one of his symptoms is difficultly breathing and exhaustion. He won't be able to play and I don't want Chula to do anything to make him more uncomfortable. My friend only lives four blocks from us so seeing him is simple it's just a question of it it's a good idea.

Sometimes dogs can sense something's wrong. Hopefully Chula gets to see him again. It reminds me of Nikko's first encounter with Dom the Great Dane that lives near buy. Dom is 3 but their life span is short so it will be sad when he doesn't get to see him again.

:( oh gosh I don't know how I will ever be able to handle such news. Great big husky hugs for Buddy and his humans :grouphug:

btw I know Buddy is a senior but vets aren't fortune tellers. Sometimes they're wrong. There are loads of cases where dogs that are given only a few more weeks or months turns out to make it to a year or so. Still hoping for a miracle.. Fingers and paws crossed.

I hope they're wrong too, but if buddy is too uncomfortable from whatever it is that he has (he's coughing badly and not eating, lethargic, had fluid buildup around his heart) then she will probably have to make a hard decision either way.