Is He Too Old For This?

CARRINGTON

Balto is 11 months and he doesn't nip but when we pet him he wants to play and puts his mouth on your doesn't bite down or anything. He is corrected, but is he a little old to be doing this? We put him on a leash and ignore him but he has started when we say no and go to put him on the leash he runs so we just get up and ignore him which works for a few minites and it seems that every time we pet him no matter what that he turns that into time to play. Is there anything else we can do or just keep at it? We would kind of like to stop this before baby gets here in December. Also note: we will NOT be rolling our dog or towering over him.

I sometimes can't help but think Nikko and Balto were separated at birth

Lol. Yeah he's a nut. He has so much in common with a lot of other huskies on here...like Chula and Luka and Ares. If the 5 of them ever met all hell would break loose!!

Chula is still mouthy too. I was hoping it would stop but it sounds like it won't. :( I don't let her mouth at all for now since she sometimes will still try to chew on my hand. The biggest problem is when she tries to mouth friends or family who get frightened by it and pull their hand away and get scraped by her teeth.

Don't think there is an age on it its just something they do and they certainly know the difference between me and each other as I've got my hand in the way of them two playing before and they definitely put more pressure on each other than when playing with me lol