Silly Sasha

Removed #5

I've got to go back up to the VA for the cataract on the other eye - it's not as bad as the first one, but if they're going to do it for free, I'm not complaining. Going from glasses / contacts in my right eye to 20/15 has been a real trip!!

Since I board the hounds when I go up to Big Spring, I had to have their shots updated. Last week Avalanche was a complete jerk about it. Didn't mind the shots too bad but wasn't impressed at all about the nasal spray for Bordetella.

This week I took Sasha in - now, Sasha's already gotten a hunk out of Sam so we weren't sure how she'd do and I really don't like the idea of one of my dogs biting the vet - there just seems to be something wrong with that picture.

Anyway, Sasha headed into the corner when we went in and she wasn't real happy about coming out. Finally had to drag her out on the leash - she came out, just not too willingly. We decided ahead of time that he'd go ahead and tranquilize her. If she gets stressed, there's no reason to make the situation worse.

Sam get the shot ready, reaches down for Sasha and she's not even concerned. One jab with the tranq needle and she just looks over her shoulder at him. ((( Good Girl!!!! )))

Needless to say the rest of the procedure went smoothly - since she was in no shape to object (( poor girl! )) She didn't even seem to feel the needles and had no objection at all to the nasal spray. (and Avalanche, even tranquilized, was not impressed with the nasal spray)

She doesn't get out to socialize much, it's been too hot and humid to take them into town - but all told, I think she's shaping up to be a pretty decent dog.

She was laying on the porch when we got back, she got that far before her legs said "enough"; she decided she was going to snack on some of Avalanches food and when I picked it up to get it out of her way she just grabbed a quick mouthful and looked at me with a "But dad, I'm hungry!" look - and came inside to finish off her bowl. Naw, time, persistence and patience - she's coming around nicely!!

Good girl Sasha.

I think the Vets is the Dog world version of the Dentist.

everybody dreads going in, coz you almost always come out

with less than you went in with. And not just financially either :eek: