What Is Your Dog Afraid Of?

Chula

I was thinking about this after the vacuum thread. The only thing so far that Chula has been really scared of were the fireworks people were shooting off near our lake place. She's not scared of other loud noises at all - trains, trucks, motorcycles, tools, vacuums are no problem.

She was also scared of the dog park at first but now she runs around like she owns the place.

Ice is scared of my big fat momma cat!  and  drunk people.  

Bear is harder.........the grooming brush, not sure if that's a fear of dislike of hygiene though?

Brooke is terrified of fireworks, she's as deaf as a post but can still feel the vibrations and starts shaking.

Avalanche doesn't like the grooming brush, but with his coat it doesn't get used often - as far as being scared, I can't think of anything he doesn't greet with gusto!

Sasha was nervous when it came to loud noises, me dropping something would have her on all four giving me that "What was that?" look, now all I get is "Dropped something again, huh??" look over her shoulder.

The one time they will both "come gather 'round" is during a particularly loud thunderstorm; then it's more a feeling of comfort than of being scared.  No, I don't make a deal out of it, they're just more comfortable laying under my feet ....

Oddly, neither of them seem bothered by an occasional gunshot ... again I get the "What was that?" look.

Jelly used to be scared of trash cans when she was younger... (my dad thought it was cute to stuff her in it and have her head pop out -___-) Thank goodness she's fine now.

Not sure if she's scared of the vacuum or not but when I move it near her while it's on she just walks away.  Might be just uncomfortable :l.

Other than that she's a brave little one:D

Khaleesi gets randomly scared of people for reasons we can't fathom out...We joked she was racist after she was scared of a bunch of Asian kids but I think it was the one guys MASSIVE afro...She loves my brother's Bengali girlfriend.lol

She's also wary of collies after being bitten by one, but generally she loves big dogs, the bigger and fluffier the better.

Her arch enemy is the toilet brush...x

Nika's scared of being alone, she hates being confined to her cage or the kitchen. And she hates small dogs, although I don't think that's a fear.

Damian isn't scared of a damn thing! He's my indestructible baby, he'll march up to anyone or anything :rofl:

Asha is a complete 180 to Damian, she's scared of things I don't even understand, touching her ears used to get her freaking out, the hoover makes her pee, Damian running around her really makes her go crazy, and sometimes just little noises get her going round in circles whimpering.

They're all uncomfortable with thunderstorms, but I think Nika hates them more, but I could just be thinking that because she was the loudest! :D

- Caity

Glala is scared of everything unexpected. I once walked past a husky kennel with her. When I was past it, some of their huskies noticed it and started howling in the (enclosed) front garden. It scared Glala so much that it took months before I could finally walk through that street again with her. In fact, any house/garden that looks like theirs she has to take a quick peak to make sure there are no noisy huskies behind it  :facepalm:

There was another moment where I visited Glala and Dana. Normally they all run towards me all happy and wanting cuddles but Glala was 'stuck' in the garden. She saw me and wanted to come inside so badly but was very scared of 'something'. That something turned out to be random chair in the middle of the kitchen that wasn't even blocking her way in. When I moved it back under the table (literally just a meters away) she finally got brave enough to come inside  :blink:

Our Kallie is not much scared of anything, except for Jack Russell terriers, since she got attacked by one when she was 4 months old. I do think that she'd kill one if it came near here though. Oh and our old almost blind Ragdoll cat. He goi her good when she was a puppy, across her face, left a scar. Now all it takes is him standing at the edge of the room for her to go and hide, lol. He can barely move anymore, he's so old and lamed up. :rofl:

Storm doesn't like the Hoover or the mop. Otherwise, he's bullet proof. I took him out at the height of firework displays at the New Year, and he wasn't in the slightest bit bothered, other than to occasionally look up at the really huge explosions. He generally loves everything, people, dogs, travelling.