Nikko Is A Wierdo!

Jay

Darwin is the same

He'll be up the garden in full sunlight splayed out on the grass

so yeah, mines broken too :P

Actually I read somewhere, (I may have to find it again to prove I am not crazy... or maybe I am, jury is still out on that)... Anyways, it stated that Husky's summer coats are actually a heat barrier (or resistant) to heat from the UV rays of the sun. So in actuallity they are able to survive in the sun just as easily as many other breeds and actually much better then most short haired dogs. PLUS!!! Their winter coat protects them from the harsh elements (Which I know, we all know this). BUT it is VERY important that a Husky is not left in the sun with BOTH coats (during coat blowing seasons)... Ok, so I am not the best paraphraser, but I believe it was something like that. Now I am going to go look... BRB with the edit of this post

True, the huskies undercoat can also help protect them from the heat as well as the cold.  In fact, Huskies can handle hot weather better than a very short hair or hairless dog. 

And no dog should be left to the elements, especially when it's hot...although I am not sure what that has to do with the original thread ;)

Just pointing out that Nikko loves to sunbathe and picks the most hot day to do it.  After about 5-10 minutes he comes back inside to the cool tile floor in front of the a/c

Actually I read somewhere, (I may have to find it again to prove I am not crazy... or maybe I am, jury is still out on that)... Anyways, it stated that Husky's summer coats are actually a heat barrier (or resistant) to heat from the UV rays of the sun. So in actuallity they are able to survive in the sun just as easily as many other breeds and actually much better then most short haired dogs. PLUS!!! Their winter coat protects them from the harsh elements (Which I know, we all know this). BUT it is VERY important that a Husky is not left in the sun with BOTH coats (during coat blowing seasons)... Ok, so I am not the best paraphraser, but I believe it was something like that. Now I am going to go look... BRB with the edit of this post