Hometown Living Nightmare!!! :'(

love4Luna

I haven't been on for awhile, and this is why....

Over the weekend, my 7 year old daughter, Cameron, had a friend and classmate go missing. Her name was Willow Long. I was part of the search teams out looking for her. We live in a rural area, so we were searching neighborhoods, woods, weed fields, corn fields, bean fields, creeks, rivers, train tracks, interstates, etc by foot, 4 wheelers, horse, k-9 units, everything. FBI was involved with search & rescue and with thermal imaging airplanes. Can't make this up.

Well, last night one group searching their grid found Willow's body. At first, we thought that was it. The story was that she had walked away from home. At 5:55 this morning, her 22 year old uncle was arrested. Her death has been ruled a homicide and he is being charged with 1st degree murder.

We are living a nightmare right now. I've been crying all day. Cameron is a mess too. She just lost her cousin last year, and her cousin's birthday was Saturday. So now with that wound fresh, she has now lost one of her friends from school.

This is Willow

post-9409-0-03019900-1378843882_thumb.jp

These were the fliers we had.

post-9409-0-33241500-1378844063_thumb.jp

Facebook:

RIP Willow Long

Candle Vigil for Willow Long

Missing Willow Long.

Oh Amber, I'm so sorry for you all.  What a terrible thing, I really don't know what to say.  :grouphug: ,  no amount of hugs could ever begin to compensate for what has happened but know we're thinking of you and hope you stay strong through this. 

Rest in peace Willow Long. xxxxxxxx

Thanks guys. It still doesn't seem real. I was out all day yesterday looking for her, for sure that we were going to find her and bring her home safe. Its like a stab in the gut to find that she didn't just walk away. I'm nothing but an emotional mess.

Cameron wanted to talk about her after school today. She told me the last time she saw her was last week before the weekend. They were eating breakfast together talking about their new teachers this year, that Willow's grandma had called her and wanted her to help her in her vegetable garden, joking around and giggling, and talking about each other's hair.

Her telling me that reopened the floodgates for me. This whole thing is just awful. ;'(

Okay...

So the mom's whole side of the family's stories are changing. And the uncle claims accidental. That she fell on a stick pile and a stick lodged in her head. He panicked and "PUT HER OUT OF HER MISERY" then disposed of the body. But now mom's story of her running off doesn't check out. Gramps slipped and said it happened Saturday night, not Sunday morning.

My biggest issue.... Where she was found, I was there. I didn't find her. Sunday there were 4 wheelers, people on foot and on horses that were right there searching that exact area as well, and nothing. Then Monday, they stopped the search for 3 hours due to the heat then started back up. They sent more to that section and 2 hours later she is found just off the road down the ditch. Sorry, I'm not buying that at least 20-30 people were all trampling in that exact spot and no one found a thing, only to have people find her after a several hour mandatory stopping break.

JESUS! IM GOING TO BE SICK! I'm a mess. I'm crying my eyes out! I'm so so sorry Willow. My daughter knew her! I know her dad!!

I'm posting a link because I can't bear to repeat it. Don't read it if you are faint of heart.

http://m.effinghamdailynews.com/effingham/pm_112941/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=QpKAGAeM#sthash.SnfM5PGX.gbpl