How Much?

BingBlaze n Skyla

Haven't had too many people ask this, but I have had a couple, I try to be as honest as I can without actually telling them something that's none of their business.  Usually something along the lines of "they can cost anything from several hundreds to over a grand", and then start banging on about breeders and shelters and basically just pump them full of info they don't really care for and so leave as quickly as they can.   

I tell them "no concern for you because their not for sale and there's never a day they are alone" they normally walk of in a huff but there has been one person that just kept pushing and even tried to take echos leash out of my hand then he soon walked away when Meeka unleashed madness lol almost but the person but she was only trying to protect me as I was alone with the three

First of all, I tell him he's not for sale. That makes the majority of people go away.

If they are still sticking around, I tell them I got him from the shelter. Then, I say that shelters have a lot of good dogs just waiting to find the perfect home. 

I wonder how many of them actually listen to me and go to the shelter, or if they just pick up a puppy from a BYB? I'd rather not think about it...

Lots and lots of people ask me that :( it irritates me honestly... talking about prices and such made me feel like Dime is some kind of a commodity. He's not, he's my baby. Other than that, Diamond's "price" is a bit complicated. Technically, he's free to good home. But then his third family (the one who gave Dime to my family) ran off with my mom's money. Funny thing is; the sum happens to be the average price of a Siberian puppy from reputable breeders nowadays. So my mom likes to say we bought Dime for that much. But technically, he costs us $0. And that's what I always tell people when they ask: "I didn't buy him."