Did You Know ...........

Dunc

A little bit more of a personal did you know:

when I was a baby I fell from my baby stroller and apparently the right side of my head took the biggest hit. When I was about 8, my right eye started to get blurry and since then I wore glasses. Today, my right eye is minus 4.75, which means I'm very short-sighted I can barely see my own hand. However my left eye is completely normal. An optician I talked to said that generally people can't stand having one eye with a minus above 3.00. They'd get dizzy, he said. I don't. I'm still very content walking around forgetting my glasses at home thanks to my left eye. And yes, that means only one side of my glasses is fitted with a "real" lens :lol:

Don't know the exact numbers but I have a similar thing. With my left eye and my hand stretched out it already starts to get blurry while my right eye is (mostly) just fine. Never had any issues with that, in fact, I can 'stare' through a book or computer screen and still see it sharp enough to read it. Never got tired of having to focus my eyes all the time because I just... don't.

I have glasses for when I'm driving but usually don't even notice it when I forget them.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 2000, Gregory W. Nemitz registered land on the asteroid 433 Eros.

The land contained $492 Quintilian worth of platinum.

When NASA landed a probe on a place on the asteroid that he had called ‘Parking Space 29′,

Nemitz sent NASA a $20 parking ticket.

In 2000, Gregory W. Nemitz registered land on the asteroid 433 Eros.

The land contained $492 Quintilian worth of platinum.

When NASA landed a probe on a place on the asteroid that he had called ‘Parking Space 29′,

Nemitz sent NASA a $20 parking ticket.

He didn't register it, he just claimed it. Between countries it has been agreed that no one claims land in outer space. Someone might say a piece of land or an entire asteroid belongs to them, but with nothing to proof it and no one that listens to you, it's practically a worthless claim.

You two are propper geeks lol :P

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Go follow Vsauce on youtube. He answers the whole 'who owns the universe' and many other (philosophical) questions. It's very interesting and totally worth a watch, I promise :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/Vsauce/videos

Staying on topic, but also a fact I got from Vsauce: It takes only 7 years for all your individual cells in your body to replace themselves. This means that nothing that's currently part of your body remembers anything you did more than 7 years ago, yet your brain still knows! Now THAT'S mind boggling!

OUCH !!!

11 years ago today, a snowboarder began his journey to summit Mt. Everest and ride The Hornbein Couloir. He completed his journey, dropped in, and was never seen again.

1/3 of all children, half of all adults, and 2/3 of all senior citizens have arachnids living on their face; a tiny eight-legged species live, mate, lay eggs, and decompose in or near human hair follicles eating our skin cells and body oils.

The famous battle in the Three Kingdoms era in China (dynasty warrior anyone?) is partly won by the Shu Kingdom thanks to a beautiful lady named Xiao Qiao. Cao Cao, the king of Wei and true admirer of Xiao Qiao, was literally having a tea with her when the battle took place. Due to lack of leadership from their king, the Wei army fell down :lol:

In 2002, Hooters promised a ‘Toyota’ for the waitress who could sell more beer in a month. She was pranked and instead won a Star Wars figurine (a Toy Yoda). She immediately sued the company and finally won the Toyota of her choice.