Where Do You Put Your Dog When They Are In The Way?

CARRINGTON

Ok the title sounded bad. I mean like if you are cleaning and the whole time you are trying to pick up your dog wants to jump on your and nip thinking you want to play which he gets corrected a million times. He has had his walk and he has toys and I need to get cleaning done and my husband isn't home to entertain him. Other times I will be taking a test or quiz online for a class that is timed and Balto is chasing the cat, getting into stuff, etc. so where do you put your dog when you need to get things done and they are 24/7 in the way?

Ok the title sounded bad. I mean like if you are cleaning and the whole time you are trying to pick up your dog wants to jump on your and nip thinking you want to play which he gets corrected a million times. He has had his walk and he has toys and I need to get cleaning done and my husband isn't home to entertain him. Other times I will be taking a test or quiz online for a class that is timed and Balto is chasing the cat, getting into stuff, etc. so where do you put your dog when you need to get things done and they are 24/7 in the way?

Sorry...can't be much help. I have the opposite problem - Suka stays away TOO often. Even though he has SA...which is odd. 

Maybe buy a new kind of puzzle toy for him to play with? Or a bone that will take him awhile to chew? I get these 'Chewlotta' bones at PetSmart - I think they are made by the same people who make Milkbones. It takes my dog 45-50 minutes to finish the large one. 

Sorry...can't be much help. I have the opposite problem - Suka stays away TOO often. Even though he has SA...which is odd. 

Maybe buy a new kind of puzzle toy for him to play with? Or a bone that will take him awhile to chew? I get these 'Chewlotta' bones at PetSmart - I think they are made by the same people who make Milkbones. It takes my dog 45-50 minutes to finish the large one.

[/quote

He has a new bone a dently peanut butter filled one that he really likes but as soon as I start cleaning nothing interests him. He has even started trying to take things out of my hand like he is wanting to play tug of war and then he goes to time out. I am hoping this is a puppy/ rebellious teenage thing that with time he will get over

I put mine in their crates if I'm mopping but for the most part they are lazy and leave me alone lol

I may have to put him in his crate which usually I don't mind during the day if I am home as my neighbor is gone but at night I don't like to as he screams, barks, and howls for 30 min to an hour until he realizes he isn't coming out till he is quiet.

Sorry I can't help either, mine usually play with each other and out of my way when I am cleaning.  Sometimes they will start playing when I clean but I just clean around them.  I would agree that you could put him in his crate while you clean.

Well, and I'm not going to be a lot of help here - with Avalanche I just say "Hey, go lay down", now it may take a time or two but he'll eventually go lay in his corner.  Sasha is always in the way, but she lays in the doorway between the living room and the kitchen, if I have to move something from one to the other (or beyond) she gets up and goes someplace else - then comes back later.

Like I said, not a lot of help there ...

Jelly doesn't seem nearly as hyper as yours when she's inside but when I'm trying to clean and do stuff she often bothers me when I'm mopping or vacuuming.  I either just attack her leash to her crate or I just let her walk around and push her aside and ignore her when I clean.  Sometimes she tries to bring toys to me and play with her while I'm cleaning but I just do my thing and eventually she gets bored trying to push the toy into me and plays by herself lol..

As for when you're taking quizzes, Like I'm supposed to be doing now... You can either attach them to the crate (I do this a lot since my mom doesn't like her walking around the house unattended and she has a habit of being too curious -_-)  or just put the leash on them and hold on to it while you take your quiz/test.  Of course during the same time you can train your doggy to lay down and be quiet during the time you need and afterwards reward with play :D .

I usually just end up petting her while doing my work and she's pretty quiet after that :l.

Its near impossible to keep my mally out of the way except when she is in her locked pen in the garden. Other than that she wants to be with us all the time. If I put her in the garden she will jump up and try and barge through the doors, luckily they are doubled glazed. Maybe this will change when she is older as a lot of you seen to be saying your dogs go and have their own space.