Overly Attached Boyfriend

Mobezilla

I think you need to be very blunt and direct,  make it clear that there is no relationship between you, that you don't want a relationship with him, that you don't want him to contact you any more,  if he knows where you work make sure everyone there is aware of the situation, the last thing you want is him turning up and making a fool of himself (or you) .  

Some people just can't take a telling, they think your kidding or playing hard to get or just wrong, and that they know better. 

As has been said, keep all messages, keep a note of every time he calls, if he comes to your work make sure you don't talk to him alone, have someone else in the room, and call the cops if he carries on. He might be the greatest guy in the world but he's pushing waaay to hard. 

( he's lucky your not my daughter, we would already have had a `chat ` I can be very insistent with a 2 x 4)

I met a guy like this once and ended up getting a restraining order against him and having to go to court when he got arrested for breaking it. It started very similar with nonstop messages and calls. Be direct with him. But don't give an out or a ounce of hope. Just "I am uncomfortable with this, you need to stop contacting me." If he starts saying crazy things, take him seriously and call the police.

Agree with the direct approach, He may not be a weirdo just someone who hasn't had much relationship experience. Just be straight with him, but keep us updated :)

I'd like to reinforce one comment made earlier - if this guy is coming on this strong this early in (what he thinks is) a relationship - make this all about your not wanting to be in any relationship.  try hard to not make it him, he'll perceive that as an attack against him / his manhood / his whatever and you don't want him thinking you attacked him in any fashion - that just prompts jis feelings of insecurity and a desire to get even.

You're in one badly tight position and there's no way out that he won't feel offended - but if you can, keep it about your feelings, not about him.

And has been said, if you can't get him to let go then get a restraining order and enforce it - some people just don't know what they're doing to someone elses emotions.

Yeah, I think I'm going to go with somethings along the lines of "I'm really not ready for a relationship right now and don't think I'm what you're looking for, I don't feel comfortable dating you or anyone" Cause quite honestly he implies certain things when I'm around him and I really am not comfortable with dating at all much less being someones girlfriend. Especially when I've only known him 3 days.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I think I'm going to go with somethings along the lines of "I'm really not ready for a relationship right now and don't think I'm what you're looking for, I don't feel comfortable dating you or anyone" Cause quite honestly he implies certain things when I'm around him and I really am not comfortable with dating at all much less being someones girlfriend. Especially when I've only known him 3 days.

I don't think you should say 'I don't think what you're looking for'. Because, then he can just respond with, "Yes you are! You are my girl, and I love you so much and blah blah blah blah blah. And if you don't feel comfortable we can take it slow and blah blah blah"

:/

I don't think you should say 'I don't think what you're looking for'. Because, then he can just respond with, "Yes you are! You are my girl, and I love you so much and blah blah blah blah blah. And if you don't feel comfortable we can take it slow and blah blah blah"

:/

Don't tell him your not ready for a relationship yet that gives out hope that u will be soon tell him straight up you don't want a relationship at all

Ah you're right Elyse he would, and yeah Nix that would be better. I'm horrible with wording things.

Yeah I wouldn't tell him you aren't ready for a relationship now, because he will think if he keeps trying you might be ready someday. Hopefully this guy isn't a weirdo stalker, but definitely keep track of his communication with you. I wouldn't worry too much about hurting his manhood if you start to feel threatened by his unwillingness to back off. I think saying something simple like "I'm sorry, I am not interested in a relationship with you." is perfectly fine. If he's this crazy about boundaries at this age, he's going to end up hearing that a lot, so he might as well get used to it.