Brushes?

zoey

went out and bought a rake and a regular brush. the rake got almost zero fur out, and the brush got a little bit. decided to grab the furmiantor which we already owned to see if she didnt have a  lot to shed, sure enough I get tons and tons and tons of fur with furminator. I dunno why no one likes it. the furminator we have only gets white/grey fur which is all her undercoat since our dog is black. and it gets tons of fur while doing it. It doesnt pull out or cut any of her black fur.

I have a furminator but find it quite difficult to use. It seems to get clogged with fur very quickly, i could have the wrong grade or not using correctly. I prefer to use the metal comb i have and have just ordered an undercoat rake. Elka has very thick undercoat but her fur is not very long and quite course along her back.

i bought these: 

pPETS-6398324t300x300.jpg

pPETS-6522496t300x300.jpg

The undercoat rake literally got zero fur out. and zoey is shedding a lot right now. I just think the bristles are to far apart and it just combs through her fur, instead of grabbing it and taking it out. 

the undercoat rake looks identical to the Mikki one everyone recommends. 

she kept running away from the furminator.

The moment I pick the Brush up Darwin bolts out the dog flap to the top of the garden.

Daughtry and Echo are both happy to be brushed though.

Just tried my new undercoat rake on Elka. Its really good and got loads of loose hair out. She seems more relaxed with me using it on her to, she kept running away from the furminator.

maybe zoey just doesnt have much undercoat to loose right now because the rake I bought just went through her fur and took nothing out. but with the furminator it was pulling out tons and tons of white undercoat fur. 

maybe zoey just doesnt have much undercoat to loose right now because the rake I bought just went through her fur and took nothing out. but with the furminator it was pulling out tons and tons of white undercoat fur. 

The furminator pulls out even more but i find it difficult to use because it clogged very quickly.