Technology Rage

mydiamond

ARGH!! Discard all technologies, why don't we go back to pencil and paper?? So much easier that way! I got a paper due on Tuesday. Today is Sunday 9:55 PM and I still can't figure out how to make individual headers/footers for each of my pages. Whatever I write or delete in one page's header/footer will appear or disappear in all of the other pages' header/footer!! So I consulted Microsoft's website and found out that I need to make a page break--which apparently is an entire blank page on top of your document--so that the header&footers setting bar would show up. How silly :mellow: but anyways apparently all I need to do is un-tick the "link to previous page" box and I'd be all set. Oh yay finally! Didn't know it's that simple! 

but NOPE, even after the "link to previous page" box is ******* blank the headers and footers are still linked to one another!! I even ticked and un-ticked it again thinking it's a browser that needs to be refreshed! Okay so apparently Microsoft has a forum. Signed up, filled the profile form and clicked "submit". NOPE, "Safari can't find the server". Thank you, Safari!! Reload the page, re-fill box only to find out "xxx@mail.com is already signed as a member. Would you like to sign in?". Yes, I'd like it very much! So, verified account and entered Microsoft forum's home page. Pictures, advertisements, product info, advertisements, more advertisements.... WHERE are the questions section?? Where is that "post new topic" button?? Oh wait there it is. Teeny tiny little writing on top of the search box with an option circle beside it. Click circle. Nothing happened. Seriously?? Entered "post questions" in search box and voila! Empty box to write a new thread. Once again: seriously?? 

Anyways, I filled the form to show which Microsoft Office product I'm having troubles with and wrote my question. Titled it "Link To Previous Page" (almost added a swearword, but decided not to) and added a desperate "I'm getting really frustrated, my paper is due very soon please help me" at the end of thread. There, all done. Click "post". Button turned gray for a second, but nothing happened. Hesitantly re-click, nothing happened. Click close tab, and here's what I got: "Are you sure you want to leave this page? The changes you made will not be saved". AAAARGH it means my thread is not yet posted! Why internet why?? Do you really want me to fail Indonesian Literature? So I decided to take a break from all the craze and ran here to rant. Wrote this very same rant and clicked "post new topic". Screen turned gray. "You are not connected to the internet". GREAT my brother killed the wi-fi from upstairs because he's going to bed. So I walked upstairs, restarted the wi-fi and wrote another rant...... just because this is also a plea for help in case any of you could help me solve the header/footer problem. But really I was strongly considering writing it all by hand after printing  :mellow:

But on the bright side I'm kinda glad my first un-posted rant didn't make it. I was about to cry writing that so some words might not sound too nice!

Additional mini rant: Why does Mac enjoy making its settings as confusing as possible? I literally have to make dots between chapter name and page number in my table of contents individually because I can't figure out how to make the computer do it for me. I didn't bother looking it up though, might actually take longer trying to figure it out than doing it "by hand"! 

EDIT: btw the internet disconnected when I clicked the "post new topic" button. The whole browser froze and I was ready to throw my laptop out of the window, but then the wifi revived and I found that the thread made it. Clicked edit to add this little note, and internet once again disconnected. Reloaded page, and here I am writing the edit. Does technology have ears? Because I'm pretty sure they all "heard" me writing this and decided to hate me now. 

Lmfao. .. not much more I can say

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4

What Dunc said, sorry, but I just can't help it :doglaugh:

Also, in case cyborgs war breaks out, you better hide; with your luck with technology, there's a great chance they will be looking out for you first :lol:

thanks for your support guys LOL I finally managed to figure out the page numbering thing. Ended up with lots of numbering mistakes, but then teacher allowed me to just fix them with a correction tape and a pen :P much easier that way.

• 2 weeks later...

Another bad luck with technology today =| Facebook decided to broke down on me. I literally lost my chat bar

post-2850-0-25842000-1380284412_thumb.pn

post-2850-0-01490700-1380284392_thumb.pn

Pulling my hairs out right now... refreshed the page for like a thousand times and the chat bar is still not there. And as you can see if I click "messages" the only thing I get is a blank screen. 

With technology sometimes it seems as if you take one step forward

and three step back.

Until someone finds an easier way to make it 4 steps backwards by improving things