Feel As Tho Iv Compleatly Failed As A Husky Owner

Tammy31

Well last week ice and aslaska got out the garden. So got my brother in law round and compleatly husky profed it all. So no excaping for them. Well today I had a man come and change my electric meater. I was out the front off the house talking to him and I didn't lock te front door is I didn't see the need to as I was right out the fromt. Next thing I know my 5 year old son came out and left the door open and judt before I got there ice and alaska wear out. I tried to grab hold off them but they wear just to fast. Iv been driving round looking for them since4.30 pm and no luck what so ever. I'm really really worried. Feel as tho iv failed them. I really don't know what to do now. Iv reported them missing on petlog. Iv been to every farm fishing lake and every where eles I can think off. I really don't know what to do. I'm so worried :( there is no dog worden or any thing like that wear I am eather. I'm at a compleat loss. I should have put them in he crate while he was he but I thought they would be ok. I didn't think my boy would come out as he was watching a film :(

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll have a word with our dog warden tomorrow Tammi and see if she can put out some feelers. She covers quite a big area and has contacts all over the place. If they are picked up the chances are that they'll be taken to Wood Green. She normally let's us know if they pick up Huskies as well. Usually because it's our Sasha. If I hear anything I'll let you know.

Gary.

Iv called the vets and police. They are microchiped and have tags on there collers with address and phone numbers on there. When they got out last time they did come home on there own but I know there's a good chance they won't do that again :( thank you all xx

Iv called the vets and police. They are microchiped and have tags on there collers with address and phone numbers on there. When they got out last time they did come home on there own but I know there's a good chance they won't do that again :( thank you all xx

On the contrary Tammi, if they've come home on their own before there is a very good chance that they'll do it again. The problem that you have is that if they get home and there is nobody to welcome them then they well may go again.

Gary.

Hope they are both home soon and well I know how scary it can be. Get them on dog lost they share all over Facebook and twitter and make posters so you can put them around your local area xx

Just called the police again to see if they have turned up some were. But nothing :( my oldist son has been at home while iv been out looking for them. Iv got the gate and back door open in case they come back. I'm home now. Can't settle and I don't think ill be getting much sleep. I'm just trying to register for that lost dog site but I'm on my mobile as my internet is down at the min too. Police said to call the council in the morning and there should be a dog worden that covers this area. Were the vets said there is no dog warden here. I'm gutted and upset. Just as I thought they had no way out they get out. There like my babies to me. Feel lost and so worried. Sat here crying. Frezzing as iv got the doors open and just praying they will walk in really soon xx

Good luck hope they are found safe.

Don't beat yourself up. Huskies are opportunists

They can and will shoot out the door at every available chance.

I have a stairgate which blocks acces to the front door. If I have to open the door the gate is shut.

Some good news ice has just come home. She ran right in layed on me and cryed like a baby. She is coverd in black gunks and thistals. No alask tho :( I just hope she comes back soon. Ice is safe and sound in her crate now I gave her a quick cheak over and see seems fine. She just ate and had a drink. I'm just really hope alaska come back soon. As they don't normally leave each other so I'm really worried that she night be hurt some whear. Ice cryed like a baby as if to say I'm really sorry mummy but I had a good run, swim and play in the smelly mud. Do you think I should go have anoth cheak round the fileds in case she is hurt somw wear? Or do I just wait and hope she comes back too xx

Good idea. I'm just going to do that now. Will let you all know if she turns up.I dunno weather to right the neaks or just give um great big cuddles. Mind you a bath is needed before cuddles now as ice is white but she loooks black and got all thistal balls things in her fur

Glad you have got ice back, hope you get alaska back aswell. You could have a check around, maybe take ice with you they might lead you to alaska (slim chance) but they might.

Yay Ice is home and safe

was just going to suggest the same thing.

Put Ice on a lead and see if she takes you to where they went for their adventure

glad ice is back safe , i was gonna suggest the same thing and see if ice could possibly lead you to alaska , or her being able to smell him might attract her back if u manage to walk near where shes been , she might follow the scent of you and him , take some of her fave food with you too 

Well been for a walk. I didn't go to far as ice is really tired. She took me down a dike and on to a swompy fild. Thought she was on to something. But she just tried digginy up a rabbit hole. When I called her off it she just took me home again :( looked all in the filed and dikes just in case put still no alaska. Going to take herbie my staffy out to look for her now as herbie can walk off the lead and she is good at getting alaska back. As she tyells her off and makes her lay down untill she is on her lead. Anythings worth a try I just really want my baby back