Feel As Tho Iv Compleatly Failed As A Husky Owner

Tammy31

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh my gosh that's terrifying :( glad to hear both are now safe and sound! and don't beat yourself up over this.... this is an accident. Nobody can predict accidents. 

EDIT: Diamond has escaped about ten times up to this day. Some due to broken leash or collar, and once due to his ability to open the gate by himself  :mellow: I know that feeling all too well... I hope I have another dog that can chase him down =\ 

Glad they are both safe and sound!! Keiko has ran out the door a few times and my heart is always in my mouth until I find her. Thankfully she is caught pretty quickly though. You shouldn't blame your self though x unfortunately these things can and do happen.  

Thank you so much everyone. Was so worried when they got out. Don't know what I would have done with out every ones advice. I love my pups to bits and was hart broken on the thought that I wouldn't get them back. On the good side I feel as tho they must be happy hear with me as they did both come home by thear selfs. Doggy gate is now up at the front door. Windows are all child proof and hopfully husky proof. If there is any advice on anything that I might have missed on stopping them from getting out please let me know. I was so hart broken on the thought that they might not have come back or got hurt. I really don't want to go through that again. And a really big thank you to every one again. You all made me feel hopfull and a bit better about me really feeling as tho I had let my babies down. Don't know what I would have done last night with out every one on hear. Thank you so much to this site. Dunno what I would have done with out it. I have been on a few sites like this but iv never met a friendlyer site and all the people hear have been so welcoming and so help full sorry for ranting on I don't have a lot off familly about and iv had a really hard time latly. I'm just glad I found you lovely people xx. Had lots off cuddles with my babies today. Not that alaska was very happy with that as she isn't a cuddly husky but ice loved every min off it. Once she stoped sulking about her bath lol xx

It's not until they manage to get out that you find out about it.

My Darwin got out the front windows 3 times before I twigged how it was happenning.

First time I assumed that I'd left the window open

Second time I was sure it was Shut, Third time I was positive,

Turns out he'd learned to nudge the bottom locking bar, then nudge the handle and bunt the window open.

Cost me £170 in dog wardens fees.

I screwed the windows shut.

They are very tenacious, and resourcful when they want to be.

Don't be embarrassed by being outsmarted by a Husky :P

I'm sure they will out smart me quit a few moor times as yet then lol. I'm just glad its not just me. I really did think that I was just failing at being ownd by 2 huskys. I feel better now and I feel as tho I must be doing some thing in the right way as they came home. Alaska was gone for 16 hours. She could have been at husky camp by now with how fast and far they run. I just can't thank every one enough on here. Also on a good side I think just about every one with in about 20 miles off me have my number and a pic off them both. So if they do get out again. Most people will know they are my babies. Touch wood they don't get out agin tho. Made them go for a little walk today too as all they have wanted to do is sleep. So knowing my luck they will be keeping me up all night lol. I don't mind tho just so glad there home now xx

It only takes a seconds innatention and WHOOSH they are gone.

Not your fault.

It's a husky thing.

If you have them in sight DON'T chase them it's a game for them.

Keep them in sight and then sit on the ground and pretend to eat something.

Most Huskies will come trotting back to see if they can get a bit of whetever you're eating.

Snag them and take them home.

Sorry for going on but I do have a small question again. They both have black tar like poo or something stuck on them. Iv bathed them but I just can't get if off. I was going to cut it out but I don't want them rto be coverd in bold patches. Any ideas? X

I did chase ice but alaska was already gone. Thanks for that andy. Ill try that next time. But really hoping there won't be a next time but with them you never know :)

I've lost count of the times My guys have got out.

It's usually you're answering the door to the postie.

Or you leave a window open . . . EVEN an upstairs window !!!

or a tiny gap in the garden fence that a mouse couldn't get through. . . a husky does.

No matter how many precautions you take the Husky is waiting for that one time. . .

It's part of being a Husky owner.

Iv always wanted huskys and iv read loads about them and looked loads off things up but I think untill you have them and expirance being a husky mummy/daddy. You are never going to know what they are like and what tricks they learn and how sneeky at doing things they can be. There a big challang for me and I'm loving every minit off it. Apart from the exscaping lol. But that's just a worry as there my babies. I like keeping busy and they deffo do keep me busy xx

Iv always wanted huskys and iv read loads about them and looked loads off things up but I think untill you have them and expirance being a husky mummy/daddy. You are never going to know what they are like and what tricks they learn and how sneeky at doing things they can be. There a big challang for me and I'm loving every minit off it. Apart from the exscaping lol. But that's just a worry as there my babies. I like keeping busy and they deffo do keep me busy xx

You are exactly 100% right.

Lol. I got the back garden husky proofd. Well the best I could and iv noticed they have been trying to dig under the gate but luckaly there is only a little bit off mud then its all concreat. They still keep trying tho on the off chace they can get under. So iv got my eye on that lol