Is It Wrong??

HuskyGuerl

Ok I know someone who buys huskies as pups (not registered) and raises them for a bit then turns around and sells for more...they also rescue huskies, adopt huskies from different animal shelters all over, take in free huskies and boast about how well they are doing but then in a week theirs a new dog being added to their Facebook and when you ask about the other it's oh they has to go...only to find out their just selling for more than what they picked them up for..their not caring about the breed just the money involved...also their husky is due to have pups as they breed to which ever male husky they think looks the best(not registered) no planning.....does anyone else think this is wrong??? I almost got sucked in with one of my pups from last litter..thank god I didn't after speaking with references on the amount of huskies they have had

do you even need to ask?  :o  :o yes I think that is wrong on so many levels! but on the other side what kind of people give their dog to such irresponsible "breeders"? if somebody is genuinely looking for a good home for a dog they can sadly no longer keep, they will thoroughly interview the potential adopter won't they? 

Animal flipping. It's terrible. People do it on craigslist all the time. It's definitely wrong, not only because it's confusing to the dogs but because usually people who flip animals don't properly care for them, have too many animals at once living in subpar conditions and don't get proper medical attention for them.

do you even need to ask? :o:o yes I think that is wrong on so many levels! but on the other side what kind of people give their dog to such irresponsible "breeders"? if somebody is genuinely looking for a good home for a dog they can sadly no longer keep, they will thoroughly interview the potential adopter won't they?

Well apparently most the dogs she gets from dont care also..they just want cash or the dog out of their hair..I walked into an animal shelter the other day just to test a theory...I walked in and said "I want to adopt a dog" they took me to the back I played with a dog for a bit and they kept nagging me "adoption process takes 2 mins..just need name number address vet...she's a sweety I can bring you the papers..just sign a few lines...it takes less than 5 minutes..only cost blah blah blah...she can go with you today" it's pretty much crap they don't check :(

Animal flipping. It's terrible. People do it on craigslist all the time. It's definitely wrong, not only because it's confusing to the dogs but because usually people who flip animals don't properly care for them, have too many animals at once living in subpar conditions and don't get proper medical attention for them.

See this is what their doing on Craigslist! Every time there's a new one on Facebook I go look at Craigslist for their area and yup there it is and at an outrageous price..and then I ask what their selling it for on Facebook and I get " oh I'm not its just their to keep my sister happy but if you know someone we might"

Well apparently most the dogs she gets from dont care also..they just want cash or the dog out of their hair..I walked into an animal shelter the other day just to test a theory...I walked in and said "I want to adopt a dog" they took me to the back I played with a dog for a bit and they kept nagging me "adoption process takes 2 mins..just need name number address vet...she's a sweety I can bring you the papers..just sign a few lines...it takes less than 5 minutes..only cost blah blah blah...she can go with you today" it's pretty much crap they don't check :(

now that's surprising  :o I often read/hear stories about shelters rejecting adopters for ridiculous reasons. Almost sound like they make it up. A lady is rejected and banned from adopting for a few months because she has no experience with a terrier (she has an American Pitbull TERRIER at home). Another lady is rejected because apparently she works too much. Stories like these are what I hear often, and sometimes it put off people from adopting because "shelters are just too strict". Looks like there's another side to the story, eh?  :(

How would I do this?? That's what I've been pondering..They live in Columbia and came down here trying to rescue one but I got to the shelter first and spoke with them about it so they denied them adoption

have just seen this. Will be hard if they live outside the country but you did the right thing, at least you tell people about what this person is doing so that they can reject their adoption app. Spread the words and exploit the power of social media.

now that's surprising :o I often read/hear stories about shelters rejecting adopters for ridiculous reasons. Almost sound like they make it up. A lady is rejected and banned from adopting for a few months because she has no experience with a terrier (she has an American Pitbull TERRIER at home). Another lady is rejected because apparently she works too much. Stories like these are what I hear often, and sometimes it put off people from adopting because "shelters are just too strict". Looks like there's another side to the story, eh? :(

Yes but then again it's not all shelters..but the two near me are definitely like this..they let a husky go to a family whom knew nothing about the breed..they kept her outside and she whined all the time because she was an inside dog well they though she was hot and shaves her :( then brought her back to animal shelter and the shelter thought nothing wrong with shaving her!! All they said when they put her back up for adoption was she has to be inside or else she will whine and her coat is shaved to keep her cooler.....she's the dog we went to meet and they kept hounding me..so I brought our dogs one by one to introduce to make sure and her and both girls got into a huge fight so we couldn't take her as we didn't see it as safe..they just said "one must be in hear" nope my two girls are fixed!

First I think it's sick that people actually go into business "flipping" live animals.  However, legally, I am not aware of any laws that prohibit this, but then again local jurisdictions might have laws regarding this. 

As for Craigslist, if you see any on there I would flag them immediately.  Most websites ban the sale of animals, and I know CL only allows a small and reasonable re-homing fee, meaning you cannot charge $500 for a dog.  What is reasonable is up to interpertation though.

I would also post on social media and get the word out that they are doing this.  That's pretty much all you can do, but I would be very careful doing that, as they could come back at you for slander or libel.

First I think it's sick that people actually go into business "flipping" live animals. However, legally, I am not aware of any laws that prohibit this, but then again local jurisdictions might have laws regarding this.

As for Craigslist, if you see any on there I would flag them immediately. Most websites ban the sale of animals, and I know CL only allows a small and reasonable re-homing fee, meaning you cannot charge $500 for a dog. What is reasonable is up to interpertation though.

I would also post on social media and get the word out that they are doing this. That's pretty much all you can do, but I would be very careful doing that, as they could come back at you for slander or libel.

I do the flagging on Craigslist..and anytime I see them inquire about one on Facebook I immediately contact the people or shelter..I just wish I could stop it all together it's so wrong :(

Check with the county court house in your area, to see if they have any kennel license requirements for operating a kennel that harbors and sells dogs. If they do, then ask if so and so at this address has a license, because you were interested in one of the dogs they have for sale, but if they are required to have a license and don't, you will look elsewhere. That may be enough to plant a seed. Government offices are hungry for dollars right now, and anything they can do to infuse cash into the system they will do.

I've got to play devils advocate here.  Is it wrong? As most have said, there seems to be something unethical about it ... BUT

I could go on to describe the shelters from whom I've gotten dogs.  They range from "It's a five minute process and you can take the dog." to "We're going to have to do a home visit and you must meet these requirements." with most, obviously falling somewhere in between.  I've seen shelters whose requirements were so strict that they seldom released a dog to a new owner; I've seen others who just don't seem to care about who they let a dog go out the door with.  Some people do work, some people do have children, some people don't have the 6 or 8 foot fence (for an inside dog?) Not everyone who can provide a good loving home for a dog can meet all the requirements that some shelters have set up.  There's something wrong with both pictures here. <end of rant>

Back to this topic. 

If someone does have the facilities to take in two, three, four dogs from a shelter (where the dog would have been put down); spends the time to get to know the dogs needs and does what rehab might be needed and then passes the dog on, while recovering a reasonable fee, to a good owner - I don't really have a problem with that.  They've managed to save a dog from being put down and (hopefully) passed the dog to someone who will give it a real furever home and care for it.  In essence they're self appointed 'foster homes'.

Where I do have a problem is when the dogs they "rescue" aren't neutered, aren't cared for properly and then are simply sold to the highest bidder .. yes, I *do* <emphatically> have a problem with that.

The situation, as phrased, has no leeway - and I'm sorry, but few things in life are as black and white as we'd like to be able to paint them.  Many of us know the quality of care that was given to the dogs we have.  But some of us don't, my two are rescues and beyond the point that they came into my care, I know nothing except what they've told me.  Sasha was, to some degree abused - but how and by whom I have no idea; Avalanche had a good first home before he ended up in the shelter - and I wish I knew more of his history.

What I'm suggesting is that we don't really now the people who are selling these dogs and to make blanket statements without proof is going to hinder those who are doing what they think best for the dogs they rescue - it might be outside the norm, but it is really rescue.  Given proof, go for it, hang them from the walls and make an example of them ... but make sure of the proof you have first.

I've got to play devils advocate here.  Is it wrong? As most have said, there seems to be something unethical about it ... BUT

I could go on to describe the shelters from whom I've gotten dogs.  They range from "It's a five minute process and you can take the dog." to "We're going to have to do a home visit and you must meet these requirements." with most, obviously falling somewhere in between.  I've seen shelters whose requirements were so strict that they seldom released a dog to a new owner; I've seen others who just don't seem to care about who they let a dog go out the door with.  Some people do work, some people do have children, some people don't have the 6 or 8 foot fence (for an inside dog?) Not everyone who can provide a good loving home for a dog can meet all the requirements that some shelters have set up.  There's something wrong with both pictures here. <end of rant>

Back to this topic. 

If someone does have the facilities to take in two, three, four dogs from a shelter (where the dog would have been put down); spends the time to get to know the dogs needs and does what rehab might be needed and then passes the dog on, while recovering a reasonable fee, to a good owner - I don't really have a problem with that.  They've managed to save a dog from being put down and (hopefully) passed the dog to someone who will give it a real furever home and care for it.  In essence they're self appointed 'foster homes'.

Where I do have a problem is when the dogs they "rescue" aren't neutered, aren't cared for properly and then are simply sold to the highest bidder .. yes, I *do* <emphatically> have a problem with that.

The situation, as phrased, has no leeway - and I'm sorry, but few things in life are as black and white as we'd like to be able to paint them.  Many of us know the quality of care that was given to the dogs we have.  But some of us don't, my two are rescues and beyond the point that they came into my care, I know nothing except what they've told me.  Sasha was, to some degree abused - but how and by whom I have no idea; Avalanche had a good first home before he ended up in the shelter - and I wish I knew more of his history.

What I'm suggesting is that we don't really now the people who are selling these dogs and to make blanket statements without proof is going to hinder those who are doing what they think best for the dogs they rescue - it might be outside the norm, but it is really rescue.  Given proof, go for it, hang them from the walls and make an example of them ... but make sure of the proof you have first.

Very well stated Al. Thanks for bringing a sense of balance to the topic.

I've got to play devils advocate here. Is it wrong? As most have said, there seems to be something unethical about it ... BUT

I could go on to describe the shelters from whom I've gotten dogs. They range from "It's a five minute process and you can take the dog." to "We're going to have to do a home visit and you must meet these requirements." with most, obviously falling somewhere in between. I've seen shelters whose requirements were so strict that they seldom released a dog to a new owner; I've seen others who just don't seem to care about who they let a dog go out the door with. Some people do work, some people do have children, some people don't have the 6 or 8 foot fence (for an inside dog?) Not everyone who can provide a good loving home for a dog can meet all the requirements that some shelters have set up. There's something wrong with both pictures here.

Back to this topic.

If someone does have the facilities to take in two, three, four dogs from a shelter (where the dog would have been put down); spends the time to get to know the dogs needs and does what rehab might be needed and then passes the dog on, while recovering a reasonable fee, to a good owner - I don't really have a problem with that. They've managed to save a dog from being put down and (hopefully) passed the dog to someone who will give it a real furever home and care for it. In essence they're self appointed 'foster homes'.

Where I do have a problem is when the dogs they "rescue" aren't neutered, aren't cared for properly and then are simply sold to the highest bidder .. yes, I *do* have a problem with that.

The situation, as phrased, has no leeway - and I'm sorry, but few things in life are as black and white as we'd like to be able to paint them. Many of us know the quality of care that was given to the dogs we have. But some of us don't, my two are rescues and beyond the point that they came into my care, I know nothing except what they've told me. Sasha was, to some degree abused - but how and by whom I have no idea; Avalanche had a good first home before he ended up in the shelter - and I wish I knew more of his history.

What I'm suggesting is that we don't really now the people who are selling these dogs and to make blanket statements without proof is going to hinder those who are doing what they think best for the dogs they rescue - it might be outside the norm, but it is really rescue. Given proof, go for it, hang them from the walls and make an example of them ... but make sure of the proof you have first.

Thank you for the input..didn't really think of the good it could have...I know the shelters they gets from are no kill...and when they sells the dogs over they want them to go with other huskies...here lately it's been going to people with opposite gender huskies and not fixed which I can't say they are breeding because I'm not sure I only have them on my Facebook not who their selling too. I just hope that is not the case

I was intentionally speaking in generalities - you might have a specific (you *do* appear to have one) and since I do't really know what it they do or how I won't address that. 

If they're "adopting" unneutered Husky's with the intention of breeding then I have a lot of problems with that:

• Why did the shelter let an unneutered dog through their system?
  • Why are they breeding unregistered (unfit?) Husky's?

If the whole thing is to make a profit off the breed then I do have a problem!

I was intentionally speaking in generalities - you might have a specific (you *do* appear to have one) and since I do't really know what it they do or how I won't address that.

If they're "adopting" unneutered Husky's with the intention of breeding then I have a lot of problems with that:

Why did the shelter let an unneutered dog through their system?

Why are they breeding unregistered (unfit?) Husky's?

If the whole thing is to make a profit off the breed then I do have a problem!

Honestly I think that's what it's intended for as their husky now was just breed and now pregnant..and it's not "oh I can't wait for puppies!" It's more like "does anyone want one? Not sure price yet depends on what they look like" and they are not registered ...I would upload the picture and conversation but if they were to get on here there would be a major battle if seen...the picture shows the two dogs and says puppies from these beauties..someone posted" I'm getting my hands on one of their puppies for sure save me a red one" they replied back "I will tell u colors when born!" they then asked "is she pregnant" and they replied "I'm sure but we are giving them two more times to be sure" then they started talking of how funny the whole getting it on business was...then a new person came on and said "I want one!" And they said "okay!"