Raw Feeding Your Dog

nstack1228

I kinda got caught wind of this in the "Fish" thread and was very curious about some things. I plan on having a husky very soon (like in 7 hours maybe) and would like to look into raw feeding. What are some reputable sites that are good reading?

Where do you get your raw meat for the feeding?

Do you feed raw meat all the time or could you do raw meat 3 times a week and dry food the rest?

Hopefully I don't start a raw feed vs not thread just looking for info

I don't think you're going to start anything, a lot of people on this forum are actually very pro-raw feeding. I think its always great to educate yourself, even if its something you may not agree with. Just like you wouldn't make your dog a vegetarian just because you are :)

Alright lets see if any of these links can help you out? :)

Usually people get their meat from a local butcher or farm, or a raw food supplier like there's one near me called Raw Paws. You never want to feed raw and kibble at the same time since it digests at different rates, so raw one day and kibble the next would probably be alright, though in my opinion if you're going to go partially raw, I'd just go 100% raw. Hope this helps!

I don't think you're going to start anything, a lot of people on this forum are actually very pro-raw feeding. I think its always great to educate yourself, even if its something you may not agree with. Just like you wouldn't make your dog a vegetarian just because you are :)

Alright lets see if any of these links can help you out? :)

Usually people get their meat from a local butcher or farm, or a raw food supplier like there's one near me called Raw Paws. You never want to feed raw and kibble at the same time since it digests at different rates, so raw one day and kibble the next would probably be alright, though in my opinion if you're going to go partially raw, I'd just go 100% raw. Hope this helps!

Well be looking at those threads now :) and yea I gotta look to see if there are any local places by me :)

Sad part is I don't even feed raw yet, haha! I do give my guys raw chicken wings about once a month to clean their teeth but at the moment don't have enough freezer space to make the switch. Can't wait until I do though!

very true I may need to look into a freezer if I truly get into raw feeding

I love my big freezer !Lol I can fit two whole people in if I push. 

I feed both my furbabies raw and yes it was confusing to start but once you get into a routine it's not so bad.  I get some meat from my local butcher, and some from pets at home, they love the beef chunks and tripe, although I will say watch out for the tripe smell, it's a bit, no I cannot tell a lie it's horrendous, but they love it.

I love my big freezer !Lol I can fit two whole people in if I push. 

I feed both my furbabies raw and yes it was confusing to start but once you get into a routine it's not so bad.  I get some meat from my local butcher, and some from pets at home, they love the beef chunks and tripe, although I will say watch out for the tripe smell, it's a bit, no I cannot tell a lie it's horrendous, but they love it.

I do work in a hospital which I come across some very "diverse" smells :P but don't tell me you use those people for the raw feed ;)

Does the mixture cause any upset tummies? if they have their meat and then eat dry food right after they sometimes throw it back up but usually they are fine as they are fed their dry food in the mornings and don't get fed their meat till around 6:30/7pm so have had plenty of time to digest before eating again

if they have their meat and then eat dry food right after they sometimes throw it back up but usually they are fine as they are fed their dry food in the mornings and don't get fed their meat till around 6:30/7pm so have had plenty of time to digest before eating again

thank you :)

Also keep this in mind

If you're going to be feeding a combination of RAW and kibble in the same day

My guys get a mixture of tinned meat, Kibble and cold bolied rice.

Then 2 -3 times per week I give them RAW chicken wings in place of their normal meal.

my girls are currently on kibble in the morning and raw in the evening (would do it totally raw but lack of freezer space and cant be doing the 20 mile trip to the freezer at the farm ). my other half shoots rabbits for me and gets duck and chicken eggs for me. and we will get the rest of what we need from his uncle as he is a butcher xx