When To Harness ?

sarahjng

At the moment we're using a basic red dingo click puppy collar, but debating whether to move on to a half check or a harness for our girl Freyja. She's nearly 15 weeks and a fair size ( she's a mally lol)  and I'm wondering what age would be best for both ?. 

Bear has a half check and it has helped a lot, but the OH prefers the idea of a harness for his baby !

I walk Capo 6  miles a day. I always use his harness when walking him. It is a nice one that is "Padded" where the straps go under his front legs.I have 3 of them!

That padding is a GREAT idea! The first harness DID NOT have that and it wore a quarters size hole/wound through his hair and into his skin! It had been doing that for several months! First my friend noticed a callous/scab! Then it turned into a raw wound!! It is amazing how my Dog[probably most huskies] showed no pain as this proccess unfolded!! It took going to the Vet b/4 it  healed properly!

I did not start using a harness until he was full grown[he is small for a male-50 lbs.]. Mostly because I did not know any better!

When I take him out, I just use the Martingale collar.

Great topic!

,ciao,,Roberto