Dog Sense

Chula

This morning I was walking Chula near the river. It's one of my favorite walks because it's beautiful and there are giant houses and curving deserted roads. But today, as we were walking along our usual path, coming up on one of the turns in the road, Chula refused to budge. She freaked out, hackles up, and tried to turn around the other way. She actually got me frightened because I've never seen her do that before! I tied her leash to a fence post and walked up about 50 feet to look around the curve and there was nothing there. 

What the heck did she see? Ghosts?

It's not like anything that might have been there could have escaped because it would have had to cross the road in front of me.

I went back, untied her, and we continued on our merry way.

Well on one side of the road there are trees, but the direction she was looking was on the "house" side of the road, where everyone has perfectly manicured, fenced yards. Who knows. But I was convinced a bear was going to come shooting out of someone's yard and attack us and I was going to have to fight it off with a bacon treat.

She did weird stuff again last night. Stopped mid play, went over to the stairs and started barking at something upstairs...but only she and I were home. She's seeing things!

I'm very easily scared so trying to stay positive here... it's night-time, so maybe bugs or birds out the window we can't see because the sky is dark?

Yukon has done some wierd stuff like that. 

One time he was just laying down, doing nothing and all of a sudden his ears perk up, he gets up and stares at the wall, then starts barking at nothing!!  He was barking like he ment it too!

And then there have been several times were he sees a reflection in the patio door and will bark at that too...it's sooo funny!

One of my parent's old dogs used to do that occasionally.  Would stop what he was doing, turn to the empty living room door and start barking and growling like our lives depended on it.  My mom was convinced he was barking at the ghost of my great great grandfather who had died in the house but who knows

My OH is very superstitious and believes in spirits. He's convinced that I have a spirit following me. There have been other weird things going on, but I'm trying not to think about it too much. A few days ago I woke up early and I could hear water running, got up to check and the bathroom tap was turned on.

aw look what have you done now :( I'm reading this right before bed! 

a superstitious advice just in case you wanna give it a try:

Indonesia is a very superstitious country. We have lots of believe-it-or-not stories and also "helpful tips" to shoo ghosts away. Whenever you feel like somebody is following you, or when you hear a loud noise from a supposedly-inanimate object, just yell something. Like, "HEY!" or "GO AWAY" and trust me it will do so. 

I don't really believe in ghosts or anything..BUT I did have one very strange occurance:

I was staying the night at a friends house and in the middle of the night I woke up and looked down at my feet and I swear I saw a figure standing over me, like a hooded figure.  could not make out a face or anything.  I sat up, and reached out for it and it disappeared.  I figured it was a shadow and I was half asleep and didn't think much of it.

The next day I happened to mention it to my friend and they said they saw the same thing!  Very freaky!!!  They live out in the country on farm land, and I found that nearby was an old indian burial ground or something.   They are always finding old arrows and such.

I saw something similar several years ago, but I think it was the xanax I was taking for anxiety!

My OH has a shrine to something called La Santa Muerte and he gives it things like flowers, fruit, money, etc in exchange for protection from evil. It's soooo far out of my comfort range but I don't fuss about it. It makes him happy, and I'm not religious one way or another. I do think animals sense things though so dogs barking at nothing makes me nervous!!

Then don't take Ambien!  I took that once, and saw some serious mess up stuff!  I didn't realize you take it RIGHT before bed...I took it like an hour before ...woke up to seeing inanimate objects dancing in my living room!  At least I knew what I was seeing was because of the pills!

I saw something similar several years ago, but I think it was the xanax I was taking for anxiety!

My OH has a shrine to something called La Santa Muerte and he gives it things like flowers, fruit, money, etc in exchange for protection from evil. It's soooo far out of my comfort range but I don't fuss about it. It makes him happy, and I'm not religious one way or another. I do think animals sense things though so dogs barking at nothing makes me nervous!!

I've never taken Ambien but I know other people who have and they had crazy lucid dreams.

This is our shrine! He doesn't buy me flowers, but he buys them for her. I should be jealous. Oh and the picture is of him with his parents, his dad died last year so I guess this is how he is asking la santa muerte to protect his mom.

a7me6Hpl.jpg

Edited by Chula