Males Determining Pack Order

LittleLuka

Okay things are going fine between everyone. Mind you this is the most dogs I've ever had at one time (4).

Tahoe will not stop trying to mount Luka. He just doesn't give up, he does it alllllll the time, any chance he gets. Luka is NOT having it. he whips around and snarls at him and Tahoe will back off. but then 5 minutes later tries it again.

Is this something I just need to let them work out on their own? I do realize that Tahoe is 2-3 and just was neutered a week ago so that could come into play. He's not a dominant dog at all though, very submissive. I just can't tell if he's trying to see if he's above Luka in the pack order.

The weird thing is he hasn't done it to Knox once. He leaves him alone. He tried doing it to Zoey 2 times and she about got him so he has left her alone hahahahah.

Suggestions?

Nikko humps Yukon ALL the time!  And sometimes Yukon will hump Nikko (which is funny because of how small he is!)  When Nikko does it Yukon will start growling at Nikko but he doesn't get the hint...however Nikko has not ONCE humped Kodiak!

I think it is mostly trying to get a reaction or to play.  At least that's why Nikko and Yukon do it.

some dogs are just persistent humpers (lol is that even a word)! but if Tahoe backs off at first warning, chances are slim for it to escalate into a fight. Maybe Knox is just not playful around Tahoe? As Elyse said some dogs do it out of play and I find the "boring" dogs get humped less because they simply aren't involved.. 

some dogs are just persistent humpers (lol is that even a word)! but if Tahoe backs off at first warning, chances are slim for it to escalate into a fight. Maybe Knox is just not playful around Tahoe? As Elyse said some dogs do it out of play and I find the "boring" dogs get humped less because they simply aren't involved.. 

no, Knox is terrified of Tahoe. He already submits to him so i think that's why. I don't think it's play. He does back off but he's growling the whole time and he continues to try to do it. Over and Over again. I know Luka and i can tell his reaction is not play. He is not happy about it and he's already snapped at Tahoe. Considering that Tahoe is 73 lbs and Luka is a 50 lbs I do NOT want to have to break up a fight. ha