Cable Television

Jay

UGH!  The last few days have been nothing short of frustrating! 

I don't know how many of you have Comcast for their TV and Internet, but I do.  I have lived here almost 2 years and the price has gone up from my promotional rate of about $90 to $150 it is today, and in January it is going up to $200. 

So I decided to cancel and go with DirecTV and AT&T for internet.  Everything went well, but when I went to sign up for AT&T they were going to charge me $150 for activation and to purchase the modem.  I said no thanks.

I called Comcast to cancel, and told them I wanted it shut off on Oct 12 (the date of the DirecTV install).  Then my roomate calls to set up the internet in his name so we can get the promo rate, and they said mine isn't scheduled to be disconnected.  UGH!  So I call again, wait 20 minutes to find the disconnect was never processed.  So, she completes it and I think all good...until the roommate calls back and they say my service will be cancelled THIS Friday!  So, I call back and wait another 20 minutes and they assure me it's going to be cancelled on Oct 12th.  Yeah, we will see about that.

So after all of that , he calls back, and they won't start his until after mine is already shut off..which means a week without internet.  After dealing with those morons I don't think I want them for anything.

I hate comcast!!!  The only thing I am worried about with satellite TV is whenever it storms my service probably won't work.  But I wil be saving over $100 per month!

Well I called them about 2 weeks ago asking for any deals or I was going to cancel and they said they could not, but when I called yesterday they offered me a cheaper rate, but it still would not be cheaper than DirecTV, and at that point I said screw it.  If they couldnt get me a deal to keep me before I set other service up, then why all of a sudden can they do it now

Would Comcast not give you a deal when you said you were going to disconnect? Last time I cancelled they offered me like 8 million things. You could try to talk to their retention department and see if they'll give you a deal.

I hear you.

In my neighbourhood, Cogeco has a monopoly on all the cable lines. So, even if you were to go with another company, you would still be using Cogeco's lines. If you were to switch it would be more expensive - other companies have to pay to use Cogeco's lines.

Currently we're paying around $120 a month for just the basic channels. Thank goodness the HD channels come free (before they didn't). Can't believe they want an extra $20 a month just for a few movie channels, though! 

This is why i dont have TV lol..I only have interent but still..I pay $47.67 a month for just internet and next year in February it goes up to almost $100..but we didnt pay an upfront and it was the cheapest that would reach to us..and iv never had a problem with it being down or not working and ive had it since February. My parents got dish so i just go to their house if i ever want to watch any of my shows like Walking dead or sons of anarcy because the watch them anyway