Kessel's False Pregnancy

NicTurtle

Lord Preserve ME! Kessel was spayed Thursday and she is fully convinced that she has a litter of three (stuffed toy) puppies. She wants none of the other dogs around her. She is carrying kibble to the nest she made in my bedroom. She refuses to go outside if the other dogs are even on the other side of the fence. And she whines constantly when she's not in the bedroom with the "pups".

Even worse, she and Ahsoka are trying to kill each other. Kessel attacked Ahsoka over food then again the next morning the second they saw each other. Kessel ended up with 4 stitches in her head. This is after 3 years of living happily together. 

I'm fairly certain I'm going to lose my mind. Poor Kessel looks like Frankenstein with her swollen stitched head. And I'm worried that this fight might start a serious problem between Ahsoka and Kessel. The vet warned me that once a bad fight happens it might never go back to a calm relationship. I am completely stressed that we are going to have to rehome someone because how can you permanently separate two dogs safely without completely destroying the quality of life for one of them?

Anyway, keep your fingers crossed for us that this false pregnancy ends quickly and that the girls can get along again!

Difficult I know, but try to keep them separated.

feed them sparately, maybe even walks apart.

And very important keep ahsoka away from the nest until Kessel calms down.