Felt Terrible

mydiamond

Ugh, high school and ALL the drama! As if homework alone isn't enough! Like always, I just write because I like to. Don't expect anyone to read a long boring teenage drama, but I really have nowhere else to rant. 

I think I've just lost two best friends tonight. My boy best friend told me about a girl that he likes many many months ago. I promised him I won't tell anyone else. Then he decided to go all "romantic" and "mysterious" and draw on that girl's desk anonymously. It was a caricature of that girl's face, along with a message, her name in Japanese characters and some romantic song lyrics also in Japanese characters. I thought he was just joking but then I arrived at school and oh my goodness he actually did it. There was originally the girl's name in alphabet letters too but I erased it immediately (that girl is my classmate, she sits right in front of me). He's my best friend, I don't want anyone--especially the girl he fell for--to find him creepy or anything like that. Then the girl came. The moment I saw her I couldn't see her in the face. I swear I'm actually more nervous than my friend. The day went on and the girl obviously dislike the piece of artwork on her desk. She asked me to read out the Japanese characters and--torn between protecting my friend and telling the truth--I finally told her that was her name, along with some song lyrics I didn't dare to translate. I just told her "it's a song". She asked me if I have any guesses about the "anonymous artist" and I told her I don't know. That's when she told me she knew. She mentioned my friend's name plus her intentions of asking him about the drawing. My heart stopped. Oh gosh. Disaster. 

At lunch time I told my friend about what happened. But although I'm sure he's also extremely nervous inside he just doesn't look it, and I can't talk to him because he's hanging out with his boys gang. I can't remember now what the hell was I thinking of, but out of nervousness I came to my girl best friend and spilled the beans. I did tell her it's supposed to be a secret, but you know how this kind of story always ends. She ended up "forgetting" that "this is supposed to be a secret" bit. Later on that day the girl my friend fell for walked past my two best friends and my girl friend actually said "awww, look that's her". This whole thing happened on Wednesday. I don't know what took the boy so long to finally confront me, but tonight he did. I feel ashamed and terribly guilty, but even though I know I'm the one to be blamed I can't help being angry at my girl friend. To say that I'm disappointed is a total understatement. The boy said "it's fine, don't sweat it" and "we can remain friends" but now I don't feel I can hang around these people anymore. Far too embarrassing, and I still don't know what to say to my girl friend. We're supposed to hang out tomorrow afternoon but guess I'm gonna cancel that. 

Rant over. Cheers guys xxx

Aww Olivia.  You just panicked and yes it wasn't a great idea to spill the beans but it sounds like they had you backed into a corner, really. Not like you just went around shouting it out to anyone who would listen!    Most importantly is that your male friend has already said he's ok with things and the girl, well she's guilty of exactly the same thing so would be highly hypocritical of her to be annoyed!  Think you just need a good nights sleep and a bit of time to yourself to calm down and feel more relaxed and also to make yourself a promise to steer clear of situations like this in the future! More trouble than they're worth!  lol.