Siberian Communication: "quiet Or Noisy"??!

Capolini1226

Oh I know blaze n skyla still do occasionally when wanting to play but that's why I said they do it more as puppies then adults

Thinking back. . . I can't ever remember hearing Daughtry Bark. . . . EVER . . :erm:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, yeah forgot about THAT.

When I pick up the leads for walkies.

Bedlam !!!

Echo starts a whiny whistle noise

Daughtry starts a very loud "I'm Batman"

and Darwin just runs around woooooooing his head off :)

if one day I became a super genius scientist first thing I'm gonna invent is an invisible leash LOL

Eskie used to howl, scream, cry, bark etc for hours at bedtime when we crated him. Now he is quiet as long as we don't shut the door. He will woo at you when you ask him to. I just wish he would make a noise when he wants to go out to the toilet. 

Eskie used to howl, scream, cry, bark etc for hours at bedtime when we crated him. Now he is quiet as long as we don't shut the door. He will woo at you when you ask him to. I just wish he would make a noise when he wants to go out to the toilet. 

How old is Eskie?? He is cute!!! He looks like Capo when he was young!

Capo was crated until he was 7 months, then he destroyed his crate!! It did serve its purpose. it house trained him and he only had a few accidents his first year or so.

If he has to go out in the morning when I am still in bed, he comes in my room at looks at me,I can feel his presence!! Like most dogs he goes nuts when i am getting dressed and get his leash!

Oh  yes,I forgot to add that when i am on the phone, mostly with my best friend [ he knows it is her] who he also loves, Capo starts talking as to say, pay attention to me and get off that phone!!

Ciao,,,Roberto

Bear was practically silent until Freyja arrived lol,  the few times he did bark it was a real shock !  He never wooed or howled, now he is a lot more verbal,  although still quieter than her, she never shuts up unless she's asleep or eating ! (If I ever find the idiot who said malamutes are less verbal than huskies,  I will feed them to my dogs, I have a 6ft freezer, the body will fit easy lol)

Jelly barks when she wants something. It's quite annoying sometimes lol.  If you leave her she she barks for like 2-3 minutes and sometimes she barks because she wants to come over to me in another room (She's always on leash inside) and then she barks because she wants to go back to her kennel... Most likely to get a toy because she got bored with me so I'm just like... REALLY JELLY?

Then she's vocal woo's when I come home.  I like her howling and woo-ing but my mom said it's bad luck in chinese tradition so -- yeah lol.

A quiet husky would fit my parents' lifestyle more +_+.  I could careless :D .

How old is Eskie?? He is cute!!! He looks like Capo when he was young!

Capo was crated until he was 7 months, then he destroyed his crate!! It did serve its purpose. it house trained him and he only had a few accidents his first year or so.

If he has to go out in the morning when I am still in bed, he comes in my room at looks at me,I can feel his presence!! Like most dogs he goes nuts when i am getting dressed and get his leash!

Oh  yes,I forgot to add that when i am on the phone, mostly with my best friend [ he knows it is her] who he also loves, Capo starts talking as to say, pay attention to me and get off that phone!!

Ciao,,,Roberto

Eskie will be 4 month on Sat this coming week. It's only took us until a couple of nights ago to try this. He has full run of downstairs. He never made a sound last night to tell usvhe wanted to wee. Got up to a wet kitchen floor. Better than all the noise he used to make, I can't have everything i suppose lol.

My internet provider[Comcast] has all different kinds of topics and info. to read.

I noticed that on many occassions They have ones regarding Dogs. Ones like most popular Breed, Most Quiet Dogs, Loudest dogs, ect.

I was SURPRISED to see that out of 15 with 1 being the loudest, the Siberian HUSKY was number 11.

Maybe Capo is not the norm?? He is very quiet! I can be in the Kitchen and all of the sudden he is there and I did not know it or hear him come in! I realize that is a different kind of quiet!!

In regards to Talking, Barking and Howling, he is also very quiet. HE rarely barks! The only times he barks is when he is excited or wants to go out or if someone knocks on the door. The knocking on the door and him barking surprised me.I was told that Siberians are not good watch Dogs!

Capo is a bit shy and skittish. He will also bark at people he does not know, like or trust if they are too pushy to pet him.It takes time for him to know and trust people.He likes woman[i am serious] better! Smart Dog!He has NEVER barked at a woman, regardless of age.I wish he was not so skittish.

When kids or people want to pet him, I just pick him up and hold him like a Mother holding a Baby!! Then he just relaxes or freezes[!] and they pet him!

I walk Capo about 6 miles everyday. Three different walks. One of which is through neighborhoods where there are other Dogs.Naturally MOST Dogs bark when another goes by. They are only protecting their property and I believe[lots of them wagging tails when barking!] they are saying hi!! Capo has never barked back at these dogs! He actually ignores them and does not even look their way!!Some of these Dogs[usually the smaller ones] are annoying to me!! They are like clockwork every time we go by their house! I am SO HAPPY that Capo only Barks when he wants something or if it is necessary.

Capo talks!! Most Siberians do! It is cool! When I am on the phone he sits there and starts talking ! I think he wants attention and with real long conversations[been known to do that!] he gets annoyed and tries to tell me , "get off the damn phone and pay attention to me"!

Did you ever see that video of "Mishka"? She is awesome.  She tells her parents that she loves them and it sounds SO REAL!

As far as howling, Capo has done very little of that. I think that most Siberians howl, that is how they got rated # 11 most noisy Dog!

So, I have a quiet Siberian and I like that!! Although, I do wish he Howled at times. I love Wolves and that reminds me of them!

Please, ladies and gentlemen around the world, tell me about your beautiful and special Siberian Husky and how He/She communicates with you and the rest of the World?

I forgot to add this!! I call it "the run arounds"!!

After a long walk when I am sure he is tired and thirsty, a lot of times when we get home instead of running to the water bowl, he runs around the family room, down the hall back to the family room under the coffee table!! He barks when he is doing tHIS!! He does it several times! I have it on video!

attachicon.gifPoconos and Perkaise. 2.2013 018.jpgattachicon.gifCapo-Pinnacle-4.7.2012 006.jpgattachicon.gifCapo 5.20.11 002.jpg[attachment=81628:

Hi!  Awww.. I can relate to what you're saying about Capo!  ;-)  I am "newly owned " by my Husky - Bayleigh, she is normally quiet, but when she sees me most of the time, specially when I get home from work, she barks and it seems like shes talking and talking  and telling me  - hi mom!! ,what took you so long, been waiting for you ... blah blah,, she barks like shes saying something! And its like shes telling I missed you , come come take me for a walk and play with me!  ;-)  I wish I could understand what she is saying!   Yes I saw that viedo of Mishka and I love it.  I am teaching Bayleigh words to say too.. like I love you" and I think, pretty soon she will be able to say that too like Mishka, I am teaching her to say "Mommy" also. ahahah

• 4 weeks later...