Will Kira Remember Me - Away For Three Weeks

Laura980

Hi there

I have been away for three weeks and picking up my girl kira from a doggy resort/doggy daycare  - long term stays.

I will pick her up on Tuesday. I have missed her so much but I have been getting updates from the place where she staying that she is having fun playing with doggy carers and a special friend - she has got to know very well.

She has been very relaxed and eating well no problems. They provide lots of one on one time with her lots of time to run around in a huge outside play area every day.

I am hoping she will remember me and want to come home when I pick her up. Has anyone else left there husky at a kennel for extended time, what sort of response did you get were they happy to see you.  I hope she still loves me. I have only had her for a year as she was a rescue..

Laura

I have not used a doggy daycare before but I worked at one myself. Even the longterm dogs will drop everything the moment they hear their owners car. There's only been a rare few dogs I had to bring to the gate myself because they were asleep, lol.

Dog's don't forget, don't worry ;)

when we came back from two week holiday last year we took zoey back to her breeder where she spent two weeks with her sister. when we took her home she was depressed and lonely for about a week. she moped around for around a week. it was obvious she was sad and lonely when we took her home. we felt bad that she wasnt excited to see us and be with us. 

but she got over it pretty quickly and was happy to be home again.

She will remember you :)

We went away for two weeks and left our pup at the local kennel. Se had a great time there, lots of fun with the dogs she does obedience class with! But we could hear her woo-ing as soon as we pulled up after our holiday. She started jumping up and down like a pogo stick and was so excited she couldn't even get a bark out. For the next few days she just wanted to be close to us and have cuddles which is unusual for her!

Not only will she remember you. The joy of seeing you after 3 weeks will be something you'll remember for a while too.

We were once away for 10 days, when we got back, she went insane, jumping around, kissing us, running, kissing, as we sat on the floor she even at one moment jumped over my girlfriend.

They never forget people that love 'em.