Is Your Dog Your Own Personal Broom?

CARRINGTON

Yes, he's my little garbage can.

He'll dive for anything that falls on the floor, preventing you from picking it up. He smells it first, and if he doesn't like it, he leaves it alone. (thank goodness, have dropped Tylenol on the floor in the past!)

Diamond is not allowed in the kitchen, but all I need to do is tap next to a food I dropped and he'd be like "Yes ma'am Diamond to the rescue!" :lol: no tap means no cleaning service is needed though, and Dime has to stay away from the dropped food.

We tried keeping Balto out of the kitchen but it was a no go especially since his potty door and food/water bowl are in there. Usually we don't mind if he eats what we drop but for some foods chocolate, tomatoes, grapes, etc. that aren't good or safe for dogs we grab it before he can and then he looks at us like we broke his heart

Yes, he's my little garbage can.

He'll dive for anything that falls on the floor, preventing you from picking it up. He smells it first, and if he doesn't like it, he leaves it alone. (thank goodness, have dropped Tylenol on the floor in the past!)

Balto hates pills. When we got him as a puppy he had diarrhea and kennel cough so they put him on three different pills for those two things and he had worms so he had to take pills for that and ever since then any time he sees a pill he is in the other direction as fast as he can go

Elka always accompanies me to the kitchen when i cook. But have had to ban her after i found her feet on the counter licking butter from the pack lol

Balto was only caught once when he was a lot younger and he was plopped in his box until I was done cooking and he could be quiet long enough (so about 21/2-3 hours it took so long because he kept yelping in his cage) and he hasn't done it since. And I have now probably just jinxed myself

Generally they'll follow me into the kitchen; Generally they know that if drop something they'd better not try to grab it (a couple of HOT! tortillas have convinced both of them!)

Generally they've learned that if they grab it and I get it back they don't get it at all!  If they set and wait, I'll normally let them have it ... shoot, my floors are dirty, I own that!

Avalanche did some counter surfing the other night - I saw him later try again to see what was up there, I yelled at him and you'd have sworn I hit him with a 2 x 4 (( hey, what do you Brits call a 2 x 4? ))

I keep mine out of the kitchen while I'm cooking.

But they do sit as close to me as they can while I'm eating.

And if I'm dumb enough to leave the kitchen gate open at any time

Side surfing ensues.

Keira stays out of the kitchen while I'm cooking. We have it baby gated off from the rest of the house, and honestly if Keira wanted to she could jump that gate, but she knows that she isn't allowed in the kitchen whether I'm cooking or not unless I tell her it's okay. But when we're eating she sits as close to me as possible. Also when my son has a snack or a sandwich she will follow him around because she knows that he'll eventually drop something, lol. If we have chocolate or anything else that would be dangerous to her if she ate it, I make her lay down across the room and wait until we're done eating it or cleaning up the dropped pieces. 

But for the most part, yes she is our personal broom, lol.