Limping? Should I Be Worried?

sjwrx

I noticed my little yorkie limping yesterday. He got run over by a larger dog and hasn't always been putting weight on his one front leg.

He doesn't yelp or cry when i grab or squeeze that leg, nothing seems to be stuck in the pads. 

He runs but he will occasionally hope on one leg and then put the leg back down for a few steps and hop again. 

Should i bring him into the vet or wait a couple of days? other then the limping he seems to be his regular self. 

I would wait a couple of days, those things usually sort themselves out.  Nikko was limping last weekend but he was fine the next day.  If he yelps when you touch it or if it lasts more than a few days then I would ring the vet

• 1 month later...

So I took mishka out for a run when all of a sudden she slowed way down and wouldnt speed up, which is unusual. Upon investigation I noticed her front paw was bleeding and a good chunk of a layer of her back middle pad was hanging (1/2 inch roughly in diameter). I took her straight home and washed it out in the bath tub then used bacitracin (good stuff) and put a clean paper towel and wrap over it...my question is, is there anything more I can do besides change the dressing out?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Leyka sprained her leg once was limping for about 5 days wouldn't put weight on it or anything took her to the vets and they gave her pain killers and anti imflamatries and she was fine with in a couple of days xx

So I took mishka out for a run when all of a sudden she slowed way down and wouldnt speed up, which is unusual. Upon investigation I noticed her front paw was bleeding and a good chunk of a layer of her back middle pad was hanging (1/2 inch roughly in diameter). I took her straight home and washed it out in the bath tub then used bacitracin (good stuff) and put a clean paper towel and wrap over it...my question is, is there anything more I can do besides change the dressing out?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

depending on how bad the cut is i'd keep it clean n bandage it up ,, my girl sliced her pad quite badly on some glass n i home treated it n she was fine,, however if a big chunk is hanging off it might need a vet visit , can you get a pic? 

vet anti-inflammatory is usually called metacam