• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You weren't ready the first time.

Now you've learned a LOT

Rescue the little blighter.

He's sooooooo darned cute !!!!!

Awe! how can you resist that face!  I want to cuddle him :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

I wasn't ready for Nikko.  And I wasn't ready for Yukon...and I wasn't ready for Kodiak, but see how that turned out :)

Have her watch Balto, Luka, and Nikko at the same time as having Chula and she will never want another dog again (bahaha evil laugh)

With Nikko I went through about a month of hell.  It was awful!  He was sooo desctructive, I couldn't get him to stop peeing inside, He would cry and whine in his crate, I seriously though I made the biggest mistake of my life!  We even talked about rehoming him, as I was not getting any sleep and it was non stop!  I couldn't clean, cook, watch TV. 

Then I must have had amnesia because 6 months later I get Yukon :wacko:

I didn't think I was ready for a puppy again, I had been looking for huskies 2 or older and then I went and got a husky pup on Sunday.  I must say tho she has been easy so far.  Potty training is going good, and sleeping is good.  I learned so much the first time and Tuff made it so easy. He was such a good puppy and now he is a good big brother.  

Oh I remember the hell. It wasn't so long ago! We didn't really have crate problems, and potty training went surprisingly well. Our problems were crazy, nipping, jumping, eating everything, zooming dog! 

I truly know we aren't ready, and we might never be. But I can still window shop :)

I actually found having two of them was easier than 1.  And 3 wasn't much different tbh. 

Nikko became MUCH better after I got Yukon.  He used to nip and bite sooooo bad I used to have marks on my hands all the time.  When I got Yukon I think he learned how to play better having another pup to tell him off when he went too far....but Nikko still doesn't get the hint sometimes lol

I think I'm pretty lucky with Harry, given he's a rescue. He's mostly more 'Shepherd' than Husky, most of the time anyway. I'd like him to have another to play with but think it's just too soon and then would another Husky be the right choice, or another breed of dog? I'd love another Husky but may not be as lucky next time and end up with a real handful of a dog. Mind you, I said that when child number 3 was on the way.

They seem be have many characteristics of huskies.  They like to be clean, and will groom themselves like a cat, they are more independent and can be difficult to train.  It did mention they can show aggression with other dogs, especially small dogs.  And they are much smaller, 20-25lbs.

I was actually looking at getting one before Yukon

With Nikko I went through about a month of hell.  It was awful!  He was sooo desctructive, I couldn't get him to stop peeing inside, He would cry and whine in his crate, I seriously though I made the biggest mistake of my life!  We even talked about rehoming him, as I was not getting any sleep and it was non stop!  I couldn't clean, cook, watch TV. 

Do you have my dog?? Except for the crate part, that sounds like Yuki. And then I got Link lolol who's 10x more hyper but thankfully non-destructive and already house trained.

Do you have my dog?? Except for the crate part, that sounds like Yuki. And then I got Link lolol who's 10x more hyper but thankfully non-destructive and already house trained. It was rough but I wouldn't trade Nikko for the world. Yukon is my lazy pup and Kodiak is very calm too. Nikko is the only hyper one!

A month of HELL, that's it???!!! lol  lol!! :):kimba2:

The first year with Capo was one crisis/challenge after another!! I live in a condo, please keep that in mind!!

Bit his stitches out[cone head for a few weeks!], bit by another Dog[would not let wound heal,,cone head again!], Wore part of the  enamel off all four canines[slab fractures/ canine distal wear], Destroyed crate, could not contain in Kitchen[boarded up!!] resulting in Doggy Day Care 3x/week! Had Giardia for Four months,,,,,,could not get rid of it until multiple doses of Panacure and Metrodiazanole[? sp?] Food allergies and the most serious which is still ongoing but STABLE-Juvinile/hereditary Cataracts.

There is always someone who has it worse!! Like my neighbor whose dog had Four operations the first two years of its life!! Costing about $15,000!! Each patella/knee went out and he ate a corn cob[cut open/surgery] and ate half of a nylabone, cut open and surgery again!! He is a Choclate Lab!!

I forgot to add something,no pun intended!! The first year cost $5000 for everything!! I have a folder on my computer and document everything! Second year was $3800 and this year should be a little less!!

HE IS WORTH IT!! HE IS MY SON THAT I NEVER HAD!!!

Ciao,,,Roberto

It is all worth it today!!