All New To Me But Still Good Fun

killswitch

Hi all, I have a 7 month old Siberian that is a bit of a double rescued dog, the first rescue was by my son from a lady who had a handicapped son who, for no fault of the son, was a bit spiteful with the pup.

The second rescue was from my son, who I could curse for not finding out more about the breed before getting it.

I used to have three Rottweiler two of which were rescued dogs, (yes I have a thing about dogs being mistreated).

After reading on here about the behaviour of huskies, I must admit I had my doubts about owning one but am I now a surprised owner...I've had her for about 6 weeks now, and yes at first she was a 'Devil Dog'...But after a bit of patient training and settling in to her new surrounds, she has turned into a wonderful companion, since my other three were put to rest....OK, so the back garden is starting to look like a P.O.W. Camp...But it's all worth it.

post-1354-0-80505800-1375544612.jpeg

Well Done for double rescuing the poor Dawg. :)

Yeah, my garden is like that too it's 150ft long and every day I'm finding new ankle breaking traps. :(

If you need any help with your Sibe just shout out.

and while it's pretty close you're welcome to join us at Camp in Wales

Click on the link by my Signature for details.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

To be honest...If the wife became OK with the dog, that would be half the problem solved.

Of a night she sleeps in the hallway with no access to any rooms or stairs, of a daytime we have left her for about 5 to 7 hours, still in the hallway, but with access to the stair, but no room access, and to date...No damage...And no irate neighbours trying to batter down the door because of the noise.

But then we think of her as we do our grandchild...If you don't want her to have it...Don't leave where she can get it.

She is long leaded when walking her, and has started to respond very well to recall on command, not that I would ever un-lead her ever, knowing their nature, but just in case she manages to slip the lead, or get a footing out of the door...I'd like to think at least I have that safeguard in place...Maybe!  :eek: 

• 2 weeks later...